Dear Family (and Friends) -
First, I have to say I have the most amazing support group ever! Thank you SO MUCH to everyone for all the letters and for the packages on Valentine's Day. My district loved the cupcakes and other treats... Thank you so much for all the sweet little notes you all put in my stuff throughout my luggage. I love it and am still finding them! Please tell the Linders thank you for all of their notes and letters. I love it!!!! :) I have the best family EVA!
Lucia, congrats - I'm so proud of you! I love you so much! You have officially surpassed me in all things school. How does that feel? Ha! I love you! Mom, I'm so appreciative that you are a never ending fountain of help to me. Ward members helped my companion (only member in her family) prepare for her mission, but there is nothing like having your mom hold your hand for balance before you can walk on your own....Daddy, who would have thought that 23 years ago you'd have a daughter serving in the very country you served in. Many people can argue, but I've got the best daddy...you've taught me, loved me, and provided for me without reserve. You have always loved my mother so intensely, I always feel safe. When people talk about the characteristics of a worthy, righteous priesthood holder, they're describing my dad....
You were so right. The spirit here can only resemble the one in the temple. I love every devotional. Each one speaks directly to my heart and is exactly what I want to hear. Yes, I am singing in the choir.
I have seen more people this week: Michael Ruff, Ali Vincent, Crystal Tebbs, & Sorella Deruvo, who is in my zone and two doors down in our residence hall.
My companion and I have had some amazing lessons. We taught a woman named Patrizia about the first vision and Book of Mormon. I'd been working on memorizing the first vision all week and I basically have it down. I used it during the lesson, and as I was quoting it, I got chills and was choked up. The spirit was not only testifying to her, but to me of the validity of the things I was saying. I felt like a real missionary at that moment. Later that day we practiced tracting, and I felt like I was all over the place and my Italian wasn't working, so that was pretty humbling.
Each week we are asked to focus on a Christ-like attribute. Mine for the past two weeks have been patience and humility. We all know that I enjoy being right (no secret) and don't like waiting for things, but Heavenly Father is giving me many opportunities to work on my "sickness" or imperfection, and I have offered lots of prayers asking for help and patience. I've been doing pretty well though, I think.
So Marianne and I went to talk to the travel office and asked to get tested (for the fast track language program for those knowledgeable in their mission language). I ran into a sister who is finishing the fast track (in another language) and she told us what to do. We did, and they said they'd send someone to test us. I fasted all that day to be at peace with whatever the result was. The next day we were told they wouldn't even test us. Because of all the changes and new missionaries, they don't have the resources to create a new class for us. I understood and was happy and okay. They did say they might let Marianne and I do splits, and she and I can study together, which would be nice.
They've really tightened up the rules here since the age change. Everyone in my district (except 2 sisters) is 19. We haven't had any problems in the Italian zone, but apparently there have been some in others. Now all sisters must sit by each other all the time and on the opposite side of the classroom from the Elders. Elders are now not allowed to give sisters blessings, unless they are really sick. Otherwise, we need to ask someone in our branch presidency.
Funny story from last week. I was doing my laundry and in somewhat of a hurry. Somehow a blue towel got thrown in with my whites, which I was washing on warm. I pulled out the laundry and all my whites were light blue. I sent them through again, and the color faded on the most important items. :) I do now have a beautiful baby blue sweater!
One last story. Today we went to the temple. My spiritual and emotional batteries were on low. I was thinking about dad and what he told me when he dropped me off. We used to play "air Checa", and he'd always catch me after I flew in the air. When I'd come down, he'd throw me back up. Now it's time for Heavenly Father to play "air Checa" and catch me. Today I really wanted a hug from daddy, but I couldn't. Dad told me he was trusting Heavenly Father with me, and today I needed to let my Heavenly Father love me. This was all going through my head while I was waiting my turn in the temple. In those few brief moments, I felt alone, then Heavenly Father sent me an angel. She opened her arms to me and said, "You must be a missionary!" She loved me, and it was the love I needed. I told her this and thanked her. She expressed her immediate love for me.
I love how Heavenly Father works. My batteries are fully charged now, and I am happy and okay - because one elderly woman chose to work at the temple.
I love you all and can feel the constant prayers in my behalf. I'm working hard!
Love,
Sister Montagnoli
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.