Thursday, October 9, 2014

Whirl Wind

30 July 2014
Okay my life is quite hysterical. I honestly just have to laugh at this point. I have decided that heavenly father is testing me to see if i will really hold on until the end. Both my home world and mission world got flipped upside down last week, but we're still on our feet! haha! Heavenly father really blessed me though with Sorella Gross. We feel like we've been friends for years instead I've only been here 5 days. We just laugh and give each other that wind under the wings to keep going. Sorella Beaumont is really struggling, she might even come home with me. Who knows...
So here is what happened last week....Wednesday we got a call from President saying that he needed my help in Piacenza and Sorella Jones was heading out. We had 24 hours to deep clean our huge apartment, get rid of all the food, put the last updates in our area book, prep all the books to give to the anziani so they could take over our people, pack our stuff, say goodbye and get on a train. They closed the coppia. Wednesday I was numb after everything that had happened that day. I couldn't eat nor sleep and neither could Sorella Jones. We walked, talked and prayed hoping to feel better. Went to bed around 3 or something. We woke up early, finalized everything said the last goodbyes, and went to the station. As I was locking the door our sweet member calls, who I absolutely adore, and asks to take us to the station. We loaded up the bags, 6 heavy bags, and finally made it there. As she was hugging me, and giving me a going away gift, she whispers in my ear how much she loves me, that I was to NEVER let my light stop shining. For some reason that was the thing that opened the flood gates and I just lost it. Heart again hurting in so many different ways.

I don't know how much more it can take! We got on the train and had a wonderful little talk with a woman all the way to Milano. We got to Milano and had to catch another train to go to Locate, which is right next to the mission home. As we are switching trains my body is starting to shut down. I almost fell down the stairs while carrying the bags, did anyone try to help us? No? Were we surrounded by men who were totally capable to help? Yes. Did they just sit and watch us struggle? Yup. I was not the happiest. We finally made it to Locate where the office elders and our senior couple picked us up and took us to the mission office. We went in and Sorella Jones had an interview with President. I was sitting outside waiting with for them, chatting with the office elders and then I saw a book. It was like a year book from last year. I started flipping through it and I found myself, my converts and the testimonies that they'd written in it, I found my companions and everything. I was almost moved to tears. My mission was there in my hands, the people I helped and I was just overwhelmed with love and gratitude. It was so fun to see it. To hold it. To see it recorded somewhere else besides my journals and memories. It was fabulous. 
They came out of the interview and President said, grab your bags (overnight bag) we're going to go get Sorella Dibb at the misison home. We walked across the street to the mission home which was just that. Home. I walked in and the spirit was so sweet i loved it. Humble, happy, love. Sorella Jones said that night "Sorel' I feel like we're in the temple." That is how it is. I love it! 
Because it was Pioneer Day we went to Roadhouse Grill. We went to dinner with the Dibbs, the office couple and the office anziani. I got a nice big burger. I felt a little sick after because I hadn't really eaten for 36 hours and it was greasy. Oh well! I felt like I was out to dinner with my parents though. We laughed, teased and chatted. It felt a little too normal. 
We got home around 8:30 and just as we were going to bed our STL's called.Oh how I love and are best friends with them, and then our anziani called. We were up with them until about 10:30. It didn't really matter because neither Sorella Jones nor I could sleep. We were up until about 12:30 and woke up at 3:30. We left about 4:30 am to take her to the airport. I was to the point to wired. I was tired, but couldn't sleep, sad because I was losing Sorella Jones after so much together, happy because she was finally getting the help she needed, and scared for this next adventure President had sent me on. We got back around 6:15 and I got in the car at 7 to go to Piacenza. 
I drove up with the Harmers (our office couple) in the mission van with all my luggage and a nasty bed. haha bed, it is basically a spring board, but hey i like it :) We got there and dropped my stuff off and the sisters said "hey actually we're going to need to get on a train, I am so sorrry but we have interviews with president in Reggio Emilia." I screamed "REGGIO!!!" I was so excited! We got on a train and went to Reggio and I got to talk to Simone and Faustina! Oh it was beautiful!!! :) Love it! We got home around six and I went to go lie down for a second before we were going to go do finding. I was out. I woke up and it was dark and my comps were in bed. It was three am. I was still dressed and even had my tag on.
New Compies: Sorella Gross and Sorella Beaumont
Since then we've had quite a few histercal moments. I haven't laughed so much in months! Sorella Gross and I, like I said, just hit it off. She's really tired, i feel so bad, i'll explain more of the situation when i see you next week, but things have been rough here in Piacenza for her. I am here for her. Sorella Beaumont is so funny too. She is about to hit her half way mark. haha I just love people too much!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm happy and doing well. Piacenza is tiny, we're in a little branch and not very many members. They're great though. Pocchi ma buoni. 
Yesterday I did a scambio with Marianne and it was the best way to end my mission. I love her so much. She is the best. It was so wonderful just to teach and be missionaries working with the people I love so dear. I cannot wrap my head around the fact that I've got a week left. It hurts. It is fabulous though. Too many mixed emotions. too many.
Exchange with Marianne and Sorella Gross
I love you all!
Sorella Montagnoli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.