Thursday, May 9, 2013

Tired, Filled with Strength, & Loving my Greenie!

Dear Family...

Dad...you said it makes you tired just thinking about a "greenie" training a "greenie"...hahaha doing it is ten times more tiring! I am so dead when I get to bed; I literally collapse. We truly serve with all our heart, might, mind and strength. It is insane how draining it is...I never thought I would ever be this tired. It is so weird being here without Sister Bush. I feel like she is coming back, but then I remember she isn't - and I just have to let it go. 


I loved our last castle p-day together!






Our investigators are doing great! Laura is consistently amazing. She and her family are still going so strong. They amaze me every time we meet with them. Her ex-husband is a piece of work though and is manipulating her 16 year old daughter, so that breaks her heart into more than 25 billion pieces. Slowly her daughter will realize the error of his ways. It breaks my heart. We spend a lot of time giving sostegno (support).




Paolo is keeping commitments. We tried to extend baptism, but he said he needed to read and pray first...well duh. He is golden though. Frank left town, and we haven't been able to meet with him again. It breaks my heart. Hopefully, we will be able to see him Monday. He is trying to get legal here, and it is way complicated - so he is running all over the country to figure it out. 


OH MY GOSH, GUESS WHAT!!!!!  Sister Gillette's mom is getting baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (She was her MTC companion.) I cried when I read the email her mom sent me. Wow, I am so proud of her. Miracles people! They totally happen!!! 

So...I bet you are all very curious as to who my new companion is....SISTER ADRIANNE BENNETT!!! 
Sister Bennett, me, and Sister Bush at the train station.
So basically the whole experience felt like deja vu! We went to Milano early -  life 5 in the morning to meet with everyone. It was fun, because I saw a lot of my girls who came in with me at transfer circles...a lot of their moms (trainers) were put into this new sister training traveling position, and then four of us (greenies) are now training ourselves. We went and had a trainer's meeting before the new group of missionaries came in from the MTC.
When they called my name to come and introduce my city and get my comp, I am pretty sure my heart dropped into the pit of my stomach and then from there to my toes, and from there to the middle of the earth. My heart was racing, and I could have sworn I should have been on the other side of the room - with all the new missionaries waiting to get my trainer - not the other way around. 

I explained about my city and then got the beautiful white envelope with our names on it. I read "Sister A. Bennett", and I could hardly believe it. I whispered her name and you should have seen her face. Wow. She was like REALLY?! And we ran to each other and the impact took the wind out of me. I had an Anziano (Elder) come up to me and ask, "Is your new companion your friend from high school? (yes!) I heard your impact from the back of the chapel!" I just laughed. Everyone (who didn't know we are already such good friends) was so confused why we were so happy. She had a rough comp in the MTC and was really kind of nervous. The MTC was a little challenging.

2 friends from High School serving in Milano!

Truly, this is a girl who is so happy. There is always a smile on her face, and she is ready to work until death. I am so happy and blessed to serve with her! Plus, it was a relief to me - because we already know and love each other, so we don't have to get over that hump. On top of that...she understands our situation. I am doing my best to train, even though I have no idea what I am doing :) - only being out myself for one transfer. 

My prayers are very, very long, and I am seeing miracles every day. I can navigate our city, understand and respond in Italian, and I am not freaked out or nervous anymore. Our lessons are great, and she is doing fantastic. We, as always, are having issues with men -  but that is normal. No pressure at all being a trainer at six weeks. I do my personal training during my personal study, and pray that I am doing it right, then we do her training right after. It is nice to do the basics though again. 

Thank you to everyone who is sending endless support and prayers. I love our ward support too! Thank you all; you are fantastic! I cannot say that enough. I am so lucky to have such a great support group. I feel the love and prayers. I am sending them right back to you all! 

Daddy you got sick! OH NO!!! I think the apocalypse just started! My sickly daddy - ha!ha!....mom thanks for teasing him for me.  (Dad only gets sick once every 5 years for a day - maybe.)

My Lu - I am sending you your own personal email.  :)  Sarah...Sarah...Sarah...please be well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate that feeling of not knowing what is wrong...I lived with it forever, until they took out my gallbladder, and it is awful not knowing. I hope Randy was right in his diagnosis! 

Haha! Our house is never boring. Here, there is a hotel called "Hotel Marta", and I need to get a picture of it and send it to you all. I laugh every time I see it. Sounds like you have a full house. Sarah is still in my room?

Mom I am so glad that you are feeling better!!! Wow heaven and earth are so close. I swear the veil gets thinner and thinner every time mommy Connie (Michelle's mom who passed away when she was 16) is around as a guardian angel, blessing Michelle from heaven. I think she must have special permission, because as I feel angels surrounding and sustaining me, my heart tells me she is one of them, as well as Grandmother Frances and Grammy. I doubt she ever leaves Michelle's side - as she is prepping to be a mommy herself. What a beautiful experience for you and Michelle in the kitchen - especially just before Mother's day. 

I love that kitchen. I love our house. Each room is important, but the kitchen is probably my favorite - because of all the memories we have and the events that take place there. Sitting, singing, cooking, laughing, crying, and more.

I am so glad you got my letter!  Haha mom, you can look at the pictures before Mother's Day if you want. They are pretty fun. It is so weird being here in Italy without you guys, so I want to share the experience with you as much as I can. The only way I can think of is through pictures. 

I can't believe I get to actually talk to you and see you via Skype on Sunday for Mother's Day!  I will call sometime between 8 and 9am your time.  I love you all more than you'll ever know!

--
Sister Francesca Montagnoli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.