Saturday, October 19, 2013

Eating Fu Fu & Loving Missionary Work!


Hello my wonderful family :) 

This week has been a crazy one. It has been transfer week...we're staying :) YES! When I told Simone we might be leaving, he was so sad. He sent us a beautiful message this morning when I told him we were both staying: "Sorelle ho pregato il signore e gli ho chiesto Signore - ti chiedo una cosa da umile servitore visto che le sorelle mi stanno insegnando le tue scritture ti chiedo non farle partire per me e troppo presto ho bisogno di loro per imparare le tue scritture ho bisogno di lore. loro mi hanno portato a te falle restare ti prego nel nome di gesu cristo amen. Cio ho chiesto al signore." Sisters, I prayed to the Lord  and asked Him this - "I offer this prayer, as a humble servant - for me, do not let these sisters leave who are teaching me your scriptures.  It is too soon.  I need them to learn your scriptures.  They have brought me to thee.  Let them stay I plead; I need them.  In the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen."  
It was the sweetest thing. I was speechless.



Yesterday we went to visit our members and man these women are strong. They are the Italian pioneers of the chruch here. All of them spoke praises, got emotional, and bore testimony of their conversions and about their missionaries. This work is so sacred. SO beautiful. I thank Heavenly Father every day for this chance. There will never be another time like it. I honestly didn't think I would get this chance as a young woman; now I have a tag. What a blessing! 


So on Sunday I finally ate this fu fu. I actually helped cook it too! Haha - they say I am officially accepted as a Ghanian; I have the name, "Sista Ama", I can cook fu fu, and I can eat it all! haha. It was so fun. 





You eat it with your hands! They said I was a natural! We ate it at our ward mission leader's home. La famiglia Danso! 





Mom, sorry for the almost getting hit scare...we are very careful, but these crazy drivers are nuts. It is a regular thing, BUT we are VERY protected. :) Plus, I am so not in the mood to go back to the hospital. I have already been to the hospital twice in this country and don't want to do it again. I am too busy! 


Thank you for the money grandmother, I actually am in need of a few things. My stuff is getting worn out!  Dad, I did read President Monson's "To the Rescue" when I was at school. Grandmother gave me the CD's.  I loved it!

Okay, I am sitting here crying at the computer. I am so proud of Sarah and love the strong spirit that was there. Oh, I am so excited for the miracles that are coming to our family. When I say our family - I mean the whole clan...the Barrus's, Maughan's, and us. That is my family. Wow. I cannot even articulate how grateful I am to Heavenly Father for you all. The spirit of missionary work is literally like a fire and nothing can extinguish it. 

I love that you all felt me there at Sarah's setting apart. I am actually 100% positive that my spirit was there  :) I was sleeping, so it had to be somewhere! haha. I got all giddy last night when I realized that my sweet Sarah sister was now a missionary with me. Nothing better. I have been praying for all three of my sisters so hard this week. Michelle and this cute baby, Sarah leaving, and Lucia for being the strongest of all of us. What a team I have for a family. Che forza! (What strength!)
                               Sarah & Lucia - Heading to the MTC
              After Sarah's Farewell                 Dropping Sarah off at the MTC

Well I gotta go, sorry this email was kinda lame, but lots of stuff to do today! I love you all! Dad, real quick you should tell me about Mosiah 18 :) (Cliff is always telling everyone about Mosiah 18!  You should ask him about it!)

Love, 

Sorella Montagnoli

You can write her at:  alicia.montagnoli@myldsmail.net 
Blog address:  sorellamontagnoli.blogspot.com

Sister Francesca Montagnoli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.