Saturday, October 26, 2013

Reflection...What Makes a Missionary!

Hey all! 


Well, this week I thought I would share a few different insights I have had this week. 

One...Grandpa I did finding work by the hospital and visited there - just like you said to do! It was a pretty good day. No new investigators, but we brought a little sunshine to those people. 

Two....I have learned so much about the measurment of success this last transfer. It is so interesting to start a new transfer. Especially my 6th - and I only do 12. It has been a time of refelection and new goal setting. I was looking back at the work I did in Forli, the work with my compannions, the work with myself, the work with members and with my Meno Attivi (less actives). Then I was reflecting on my work in Reggio. This place is great. I love it. We are here with two coppia of anziani (companionships of elders). We have the same ward and same materials, but our numbers and attitudes are different. 

I have measured success by the missionary you are, the attitude you have, and by the faith that drives you. Not by your numbers, not by your baptisms, and not by what other missionaries say. It is a common thing among the elders to think that the number of baptisms makes success. The only baptisms here have been by the sisters. I am here to say that doesn't matter. They do not feel successful, because they haven't baptized. 

Well, after Simone's baptism, I don't feel any different as a missionary than I did before. I helped him get to his next step; that is what we do - get people to the next step. Not everyone's next step is baptism; for some it is reading the Book of Mormon, for others it is prayer, for some coming to church, for others repentance, and for some it is the temple. All of that is why we are here as missionaries. You can measure your success in many ways, but I measure it with obedience, faith, testimony and trust in the Lord. Not numbers. 

Three... there is a saying "the tag doesn't make the missionary; the missionary makes the tag." How true that is. When the tag comes on, we all look so official.  Everyone thinks we are all the same, that we have all the answers, and we are prefect angels from heaven. I am here to tell you, that is so not true. We are a bunch of kids who have been set apart with a sacred calling. We are also human; we make mistakes, we goof off sometimes, we cry, we laugh, but in the end, we work. It is okay if we are not scriptorians or have all the answers. We after all, we are 20 years old! Now all that does not discredit our call. 

As missionaries, we carry the face of the church. I cannot tell you the countless times we have people come to ask us for help, because they can tell we are different. We carry a heavy load as missionaries, but in all reality, we don't because the Lord is carrying it with us. He is literally on our left and right side, in front and behind. I have felt that so strongly. We are never alone. We are not super beings; we are actually very human, but we have the Savior walking along side us, and that makes all the difference in the world. 

It has been a crazy week. I get butterflies thinking about home...Michelle having a baby, Sarah in the MTC, and Lucia prepping for college! Weird! I have not a lot of time today, sorry! I love you all so much. Thank you for the support. I can feel your prayers and your love and support.

The pictures are with a meno attiva named Favor. It was her birthday, and she invited us over. I loved her clothes, and she let us try them on: hahaha best day ever! 

 All my love! 

Sorella Montagnoli
p.s. no worries all, I am happy and healthy. Just pensive this week.  

--
Sister Francesca Montagnoli

alicia.montagnoli@myldsmail.net
sorellamontagnoli.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.