letter written May 28th
Hello my lovely family who I absolutely adore!
Hello my lovely family who I absolutely adore!
Well I
had a lovely little surprise Sunday...we got a call while I was in Novara
saying a package had been delivered for me. I instantly began to laugh :) Haha I
am such a blessed sister missionary! :) I loved the package! Everything was
perfect! I am putting a little
something together for you mom and dad. HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!! You two really are the best. I only hope and pray that I
can have a marriage like yours.
Actually
that has kind of been the theme of this week, marriage. Hard to think that is the next covenant step in my life. I have tried to avoid
that little subject as much as possible, but lately it just seems to be coming
up. We've been teaching about eternal marriage and families and it has been the theme of talks in church.
I am officially the oldest in our district by quite a bit, and man it is strange. I can’t even begin to describe it, plus they tease me about it. These missionaries are still very much at the beginning of their missions. They have a lot of energy, and they're also very inspired. But, they are quirky and have started a marriage countdown for me…so silly!
As I have been studying about marriage and eternal families, I cannot help but immediately think of my amazing parents. I had to sit and think, what do they do that makes it look so easy, because I know it is not! Having a companion in general isn't easy, but if you work at it, you can turn it to a beautiful friendship and have so much fun together. Some require more work, but it always has worked out. Serving a mission, I now have a new view of "eternal companion." No wonder it is the single most important choice!
The first part doesn't seem as hard. Fall in love, make promises, be obedient. Check! Like the steps to baptism…get your testimony, obey the commandments, meet with the missionaries, make the covenant. Check! But, how many meno attivi (less actives) do I work with? Our ward list is 15 pages long...only about 90 come, maybe. There is a little something that creeps into our bodies and attacks our spiritual man and it is called our natural man. The laziness of our natural man is what leads to inactivity in the church, as well as in marriage. Interesting food for thought…being inactive in our marriages, in our families. I see it more often than not, sadly. It breaks my heart.
It seems like selfishness, laziness, and unkind words are attacking marriages throughout the world. Oh how I have such a strong testimony of families. Prayer, scriptures and church attendance will save a family if you do all three together! Love, respect, kindness, and FORGIVENESS heal a family. AKA, the Atonement of Jesus Christ. That daily use of the atonement will save a marriage, keep it together and keep it strong. Now I am not married, nor will I be for a while more, but I have seen how it works, and I have see how it doesn't.
Plus our Heavenly Father has given us a step by step on how to have a successful family, and it starts in the marriage. We learn about it in the family proclamation. To me the key is enduring to the end. It is a part of every covenant…baptismal, endowment and marriage…all of it. When we remember that, we can be safe and have the sustaining support of our eternal family above…our Heavenly Father, Mother and our elder brother Jesus Christ. They know how to make it work. We only have to follow. That's been my testimony this week. I am excited for the day when I can put it to the test, but for now I am totally content studying and teaching it :) haha!
I am officially the oldest in our district by quite a bit, and man it is strange. I can’t even begin to describe it, plus they tease me about it. These missionaries are still very much at the beginning of their missions. They have a lot of energy, and they're also very inspired. But, they are quirky and have started a marriage countdown for me…so silly!
As I have been studying about marriage and eternal families, I cannot help but immediately think of my amazing parents. I had to sit and think, what do they do that makes it look so easy, because I know it is not! Having a companion in general isn't easy, but if you work at it, you can turn it to a beautiful friendship and have so much fun together. Some require more work, but it always has worked out. Serving a mission, I now have a new view of "eternal companion." No wonder it is the single most important choice!
The first part doesn't seem as hard. Fall in love, make promises, be obedient. Check! Like the steps to baptism…get your testimony, obey the commandments, meet with the missionaries, make the covenant. Check! But, how many meno attivi (less actives) do I work with? Our ward list is 15 pages long...only about 90 come, maybe. There is a little something that creeps into our bodies and attacks our spiritual man and it is called our natural man. The laziness of our natural man is what leads to inactivity in the church, as well as in marriage. Interesting food for thought…being inactive in our marriages, in our families. I see it more often than not, sadly. It breaks my heart.
It seems like selfishness, laziness, and unkind words are attacking marriages throughout the world. Oh how I have such a strong testimony of families. Prayer, scriptures and church attendance will save a family if you do all three together! Love, respect, kindness, and FORGIVENESS heal a family. AKA, the Atonement of Jesus Christ. That daily use of the atonement will save a marriage, keep it together and keep it strong. Now I am not married, nor will I be for a while more, but I have seen how it works, and I have see how it doesn't.
Plus our Heavenly Father has given us a step by step on how to have a successful family, and it starts in the marriage. We learn about it in the family proclamation. To me the key is enduring to the end. It is a part of every covenant…baptismal, endowment and marriage…all of it. When we remember that, we can be safe and have the sustaining support of our eternal family above…our Heavenly Father, Mother and our elder brother Jesus Christ. They know how to make it work. We only have to follow. That's been my testimony this week. I am excited for the day when I can put it to the test, but for now I am totally content studying and teaching it :) haha!
Quick
little miracle that I wanted to share! There are so many. In the scriptures it
says that it cannot be written how many miracles Christ performed. I feel like
I've witnessed so many, I cannot even begin to write them all, especially in
this week! I can
testify of the small miracles I personally receive. Every moment I feel like I can't keep going, or I
don't know what else to do, I say a little prayer and immediately some tender
mercy comes and feels like air underneath my tired wings.
Last Wednesday I had prayed for an opportunity during p-day to share the gospel. We went and got Sorella Jones' hair cut. I sat in a little corner at the salon and began to read the emails I'd printed. A woman comes and sits next to me, starts chatting, and it leads to who I am and what I am doing in Italy. She wasn't interested, but was still very kind. I gave her a pass a log card and she went back to work. Then to my left I hear a whisper. A woman getting her hair done leans over and she says, "You're the one with that book right? The book of Mormon." My heart immediately starts singing "MIRACLES!" and I say “yes”. She then says, "That's my book! Do you have a copy of it with you?" My eyes widen and I say...."OF COURSE! Wait! Are you a member!?" A smile slides onto her face and she says, “Yes. A long time ago." I start thinking "YES LOST SHEEP FOUND!" I go to look in my bag, and the one p-day I don't have a book on me is when I need it.
We exchanged numbers, and I told her I would bring her one in Spanish. We saw her yesterday, and she was so thrilled to meet us. I was nervous because sometimes when that stuff happens, it doesn't work out; but she went out of her way to make it work. We went to her home and find out she is from Santo Domingo and has three children and a fidanzato (boyfriend or fiancé) who are not members. FAMILY! We bore testimony to her about the Atonement of Christ and how everything can be made right with him. She bore testimony of the Book of Mormon, and we all were just filled spiritually. We have a return appointment and are going to begin working with her. This is just one of many miracles. We've had people come up to us, recognizing our tags, asking for books, full of curiosity and more. Heavenly Father really is not making it easy, but possible for us! I love it! I feel so undeserving of all that he gives me: help as a missionary, best friend companions, amazing support, a wonderful home and family, and a body that keeps functioning. Oh how I am eternally indebted to my Father in Heaven.
Last Wednesday I had prayed for an opportunity during p-day to share the gospel. We went and got Sorella Jones' hair cut. I sat in a little corner at the salon and began to read the emails I'd printed. A woman comes and sits next to me, starts chatting, and it leads to who I am and what I am doing in Italy. She wasn't interested, but was still very kind. I gave her a pass a log card and she went back to work. Then to my left I hear a whisper. A woman getting her hair done leans over and she says, "You're the one with that book right? The book of Mormon." My heart immediately starts singing "MIRACLES!" and I say “yes”. She then says, "That's my book! Do you have a copy of it with you?" My eyes widen and I say...."OF COURSE! Wait! Are you a member!?" A smile slides onto her face and she says, “Yes. A long time ago." I start thinking "YES LOST SHEEP FOUND!" I go to look in my bag, and the one p-day I don't have a book on me is when I need it.
We exchanged numbers, and I told her I would bring her one in Spanish. We saw her yesterday, and she was so thrilled to meet us. I was nervous because sometimes when that stuff happens, it doesn't work out; but she went out of her way to make it work. We went to her home and find out she is from Santo Domingo and has three children and a fidanzato (boyfriend or fiancé) who are not members. FAMILY! We bore testimony to her about the Atonement of Christ and how everything can be made right with him. She bore testimony of the Book of Mormon, and we all were just filled spiritually. We have a return appointment and are going to begin working with her. This is just one of many miracles. We've had people come up to us, recognizing our tags, asking for books, full of curiosity and more. Heavenly Father really is not making it easy, but possible for us! I love it! I feel so undeserving of all that he gives me: help as a missionary, best friend companions, amazing support, a wonderful home and family, and a body that keeps functioning. Oh how I am eternally indebted to my Father in Heaven.
I love
you all! Dad I love your Italian letter. :) It
makes me happy! I'm printing it to read
later. I'm thrilled you got to go visit one of my many homes here. :) Love you!
Be safe! Lucia, have fun, Sarah stay well and Grandpa hang it there! I love you
all! Oh and Michelle kiss that baby for me!
Love,
Sorella
Montagnoli
PS- Dad,
you're right, now smooth coasting for me! :) Only a hard crash landing when I get home! haha! And yes, I
am on bikes again in this city. I'm picking them up today! YAY! No more accidents though!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.