Well transfer news came….we are staying the same; nothing is changing. I will say I was praying for peace all week for whatever would happen with transfers. Things are as they need to be.
This pday has been nuts. We woke up late; Sorella Jones forgot to set her alarm, and I forgot to put the phone on loud! Whooops! I really enjoyed that extra hour of sleep though….I did apologize to Heavenly Father though for the disobedience :) haha! As we were leaving this morning, a happy surprise hit our door, Sorella Russell and her companion! They were here to pick up her permesso! That was fun. I briefly got to see her, and she and I just chatted before we ran to catch our train. She was like, "Sorell, I am so excited to get home and just play with you!" I too am excited for that - to just be able to chat with all my compie comps and love them! We'll have to make time!
Then we went to Torino!!! IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL; I LOVE TORINO SO MUCH MORE THAN MILANO! We went to visit the famous Mole museum, and in it is a cinema exhibit which was surprisingly cool! I also got a new skirt, which is darling, so I got a wonderful recarica (recharge) for the week! I am happy, filled with life, and ready for this last little bit.
Yesterday though, I was flat out frustrated. We got stood up for the third time by our fabulous investigators who have baptismal dates - after spending money and time to get there; and it was hot, and I was tired. It ended up we ran into a new convert and his friend and taught a wonderful "member present lesson". It worked out, and we were in the right place at the right time, but I still felt irritated.
I had a little chat with myself on the train ride home. It went something like this, "Sorella, get over it. You are fine. Heavenly Father has always known better than you have, so why not trust Him now too. You're making progress in this city with the members and your companion. You have hysterical anziani in your city, and you have a beautiful view from the 9th floor of your apartment.
You're in Italy. You speak Italian. You are a happy person, sharing the gospel with people who are searching for truth. Why are you angry? Seriously? Smile, breath and have fun. You only get this time once. You can do hard things. Look at what you've accomplished, and think of what others have accomplished with the help of the Lord. You are nothing without Him. If you want to succeed, trust Him again and you will fly." Since then, we've been good! :) I think that was the miracle of the week.
You're in Italy. You speak Italian. You are a happy person, sharing the gospel with people who are searching for truth. Why are you angry? Seriously? Smile, breath and have fun. You only get this time once. You can do hard things. Look at what you've accomplished, and think of what others have accomplished with the help of the Lord. You are nothing without Him. If you want to succeed, trust Him again and you will fly." Since then, we've been good! :) I think that was the miracle of the week.
ALSO really quick before I go....Eri sent me a package with the address of her friend. We had been stood up all day, so we decided to pay her a visit. She let us in happily and took a return appointment!!! :) We'll see how it goes. We really prayed before hand, as we wanted this to be a meaningful visit. She lives super close! Our appointment is on Friday :)
Love you all! You're amazing!
Love,
Sorella Montagnoli
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.