Sunday, July 21, 2013

Priesthood Power & Hearts Changing!

Letter Written July 17, 2013

Ciao my lovely family!

Daddy, I am so glad you got the letter with one of my name tags!  Sorry it took so long to get it to you - but, better late than never, right? Now I will quite tangibly be with you always. 


Wow, your pioneer trek sounds like it was quite the, well for lack of a better work, "trek"! YIKES!  Holy cow, that is quite the dust! We had water going up that high, but not dust. Mamma mia! How were you all able to see? Such a strong family I have. :)  I cannot even imagine what the actual pioneers went through for the gospel. Their desire to seek zion was more powerful than any tempest of water, wind, snow, dust, or heat could throw at them. I cannot wait to meet them one day.  Well, I can - :) but still, it will be such an experience.

Pioneer Trek - Cliff & I were Ma's & Pa's. At the very end, we got wet, & "Pa" got to rescue Lucia

Priesthood power is the most beautiful evidence of God's love for his children. The fact that He has given us the power to bless his children in comfort, health, and more is so sacred. True miracles take place when people allow the power of the priesthood to take root in their lives. I have been so blessed to have it readily available to me growing up. 

Dad, thank you so much for offering that to our family. I refuse to not have that in my future home. Refuse. If it is in my power, that is. Regardless, we have been blessed so that everyone has access to it through our brothers in the church. What beautiful experiences you shared - with mom, Lucia, and Lauren.  Thank you for sharing the miracle stories with me. I love hearing them. Thank you Andrew for the help you've given my family!  What is going on with Rich? I have been wondering how he has been. I hope that things don't go back to last summer. 

Mom, you are totally right. Italians love our American traditions/food. We make bannana bread, brownies, cookies, anything peanut butter, pancakes, waffles, tacos. Haha - it is quite the scene when they taste things for the first time. Like mother like daughter; I can't help but plan parties - it is in my blood. Haha - I am so not the better version, more like a mini you. :)  I understand what you were talking about with hot Italian summers and not feeling like you look really pretty.  Yeah um....I am just getting over the fact that I won't look like the real me again until i get home, take a long hot bubble bath, get a pedicure, make up and a hair cut. I only put on a little eye make up on that usually can make it through the sweat. My hair is always wild, no question there, haha even in the winter. It is too curly to do anything but keep it down or in a messy bun. Whatever though :) I stopped caring a while ago :) No, I haven't tried a granita di mandorla yet
Sister Montagnoli with her District in Forli
This week has been great. Sister Bennett is senior companion this week, and she is taking it on much better than last time. It is so fun to see her grow, take the lead and speak. I love her. Haha, I am so proud! She is great. 
Sister Montagnoli & Sister Bennett
We will be having a baptism coming up here in a few weeks with Giuseppe, the older man in the park. I love him so much. We showed him the church yesterday and watched the restoration. I asked him to pay attention to his feelings/thoughts as we watched it. It ended, and I asked him how he felt. He said he had a sensation inside of him; he knew it was all true. He loved it, believed it. We all bore testimony and taked about his baptism. We will need to change the date to the 10th, so he can be at church.  Hopefully all will go according to plan.
Sister Montagnoli & Sister Brown
We all bore testimony, and he was glowing. Haha - minor detail...his wife is an ex nun; we need to get permission from her to baptize him. Please pray for that. I helped him say the closing prayer and he just wept. He collapsed in his chair and just started crying. He said he has never really prayed like that before. He felt so loved. President Jefferies came in and told him that he was feeling the spirit. Sister Jefferies was in the corner crying too. She couldn't understand the words, but she felt the powerful spirit there. 
 The "Trio" - "Tre Sorelle"
Man, I love being a missionary. I saw someone's heart change. I saw the spirt testify to him. What a blessing. What a miracle. He said how much he loved me and that I was his friend - that I have a permanent place in his heart. He said this as he raised his hand and touched his chest. I cannot leave this place. Transfers are on Monday; well transfer calls are. Everyone is betting on me leaving. Regardless, I will do what the Lord wants, but Giuseppe will be baptized, whether I am here or not. I just want to be selfish and see it. Haha. 

Sarah's Mission call to the Billings, Montana Mission!
I love you all so much. I have a request. Please send a video of Sarah opening her mission call to President Jefferies (senior missionaries/Brach President in Forli) email. We are setting aside time to watch it tomorrow at their place. We took time out of our pday to watch it. Send a back up email with the call in it too, incase we cannot watch it. PLEASE! I am dying to know. We will be watching it Thursday :) AKA - tomorrow. 

All my love, 
Sorella Montagnoli

p.s. You each are in my every prayer. 

--
Sister Francesca Montagnoli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.