Saturday, August 3, 2013

Transfers - I'm Staying in Forli!

Letter Written July 24, 2013

Hello my lovely family!


Wow, what a beautiful surprise to receive all those letters from all my amazing family this week!!!!  I love each of you!  I am so thrilled that you all are together in Maine. I thought ya'll weren't going to do a family reunion this summer. Hey for next summer, please do it in August so I can come! You all know how much I love being with everyone! 


Linder Family reunion at Moose Lake Ranch in Maine.  July 2013

I never thought of myself as being a leader for the girls in our family, but I guess I am the first of our girl cousins to serve a mission. As I was reading over your email mom, I got shivers thinking of the strength in our family. How blessed, how lucky, how honored, how fortunate we are. What a powerful force of missionary strength that comes from grandmother, her children, and grandchilren. 

                                            Audrey, Lucia, Nicole, Katie, Sophie, Taylor, and Sarah (top)

Okay....SARAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so so so so so so so so so so EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha!Congrats! I got shivers as I heard your call. Oh my goollly goodness that is so fun! I love mission calls; I instantly feel every time I hear a call that is exactly where that person is supposed to go. I cannot wait for you to get your own black tag. Gosh, i cannot believe it! You are so wonderful, so elect, so beautiful and so my sister! Montana!!!!!!!!!!!! haha you ready to be cold? 

OH my gosh, I totally cannot wrap my head around the fact that Harrison(UT cousin) gave his farewell so sooon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy! It seems like I was just at Stafford's farewell (Harrison's brother serving in CA, Korean speaking)! Okay, now let's add on top of that Nick (VA cousin) and Taylor's (UT cousin) farewells next Sunday & Josh's homecoming (UT cousin)....holy cow. The world at home is changing! Regardless, you boys, I am so so proud of you. I cannot wait to hear about your experiences in Japan, Brazil, Provo, Cambodia, & CA. Mamma mia! AAH! SO fun! Che stories we will have to share when we are all together again.  And Rex (UT cousin)- you're home from the Philippines - WOW!

I loved hearing about the beautiful experience with the house dedication for the Thomas's new home. Dad, sorry you couldn't have sons, but nephews work just as well, right? :) You have been so good to Harrison. Thank you. I admire you for that. You are the epitome of a brilliant example of the priesthood. I loved how they asked you to dedicate their home, but then you taught everyone and had Harrison do it.

My wonderful Lucia (who gets her own "special sister email" weekly, which does not get posted to the blog) - I sent two "Sorella Montagnoli" missionary tags with Dad's Father's Day package....:) dont steal dad's...haha there is enough of me to share. :) I love that you take it with you dad; that makes me feel good, plus I carry your name. It is a pretty good name, if I do say so myself. Haha, my name is a great conversation starter - and I get inquisitive looks, because I am American, with an Italian last name.  

Dad, I love you. I only am the way I am because I was blessed with such amazing parents here on earth to help me and teach me. Take some of the credit ;) I thank Heavenly Father every day for sending me to you. 

Mom, honestly you are so in tune. I felt a little withering, and I needed that love and strength you sent - not because I got transferred, but because I am staying. In being honest, this transfer has been rough emotionally. I do believe the President is inspired, and I guess six sisters (there are two "trios" - tricky logistically) have something to learn still being in three. I do need the strength and prayers. It will kill me when I have to leave Forli; I "grew up here" and have grown up so much.  I love these people more than I can put into words. I am partially discouraged, because no baptisms have happened, but they aren't everything. I am praying my heart out this transfer to have one. So many are so close.  These people seem so elect and ready, but they won't take that final step. I think that is the hard part. Our people who are ready can't be baptized because of divorces. Such an emotional roller coaster :) 

Sister Bennett is officially trained!  Bummer, because we don't get an extra hour to study together. I loved that time I had with her. But, she is ready and a fully trained missionary. Haha - I hope! 

This week I gave Sister Brown "senior companion". She is six months ahead of me and has never been a senior companion. She would like to be a "Training Traveling Sister Leader", but she has never had experience with being a senior companion. So, I thought, why not train her on how to be a senior comp this week. What better way to learn than by doing, right? Especially with unthreatening companions; we are all really good friends. She is very sweet; she has officially asked us to be her brides maids; I was very touched. 

This week we had our gem cleaning and my appartment is now spotless and there is NO MORE JUNK LEFT OVER FROM THE ELDERS!!!!!!!!!!!! Three transfers later, I finally got it all out and our house is clean. I am a happy missionary.

Here is a story for this week....a man named Angelo, who is Catholic - mainly because he was born so and it is tradition. He says he lives in a world of doubt and he hopes there is a God and Savior, but he hasn't ever had it comfirmed. I was excited, because we have the answers. We went to meet with him, and he literally attacked the BOM - all the grammar, everything. I was exhausted after that lesson. He called me signorina, which bothered me, but I let it go. We set another appointment for Saturday. He started going off on various things, calling us girls, children, and that we were just nice and brought a good enthusiasm. I guess that sparked a little fire in me.  I flat out said, no i am not a filgliola, or a signoria, I am a missionary, called of God to teach what I know to be true. We have a message for you of the plan of salvation - may we please share it or we need to leave. He stopped talking after that and let us share and teach. He found other issues, but thost are normal things we affront every day. Then he pulled out a rosario and offered it to us.  I said we didn't need it, then he said he didn't need our book. For arguments sake, I took it....oh and a picture of Papa Francesco. haha I am in for a ride with this investigator; we have our work cut out!  Interesting - his perception from his version of Catholicism is that Adam and Eve were a parable story, not real people.

Well my family, I love you so much! I love all the support; I need it! haha Thank you for the prayers. I miss you all. Keep each other safe, happy and keep studying. Dad thank you for studying with the pre-misisonaries. It really will help them so much! 

All my love, 
Sorella Montagnoli 

p.s. - I am sending the package today; it is in my lap. :)
--
Sister Francesca Montagnoli



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.