Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Broadcast & the Blessings!

Letter written July 4th....I am a little behind in posting

Hello all!

This week has been interesting. We watched the missionary broadcast, and I bawled through the whole thing. They said that it was a missionary training, but in all reality, it was a call to action for the members. Missionaries cannot work without members. I am a living witness of this. Our members are few, but powerful! It is a major difference when we can get them involved. Pluse the rates for retainment are much higher if we get them off of referrals. 

So this week that has been our focus. We have done something REAALLY fun! I like being creative and involving everyone to get something done. So...as a result, I had this idea to give our members a mission call. We got out our mission calls and made one for the members. It looks exactly the same, but has a little different wording. We are going to each member's home, giving all of them individually a "mission call" and a Book of Mormon. Then they are going to be assigned a day for us to come over, and they will have a friend there for us to meet and teach. Then we will help them give the Book of Mormon to these friends. 

When we are baptized, that is actually our mission call. We make a pledge to be missionaries for our whole lives - not just with a name tag. So my call is -  to all those members of the church who desire to serve God...start working. We as missionaries need your help! I testify to what our bretheren have said. Listen. All these youth have responded to His call. I pray that all of us can too. I have so much fun teaching and giving out copies of the Book of Mormon. I have not ever been happier! I am so excited to put this plan into action with our members. This way they can feel the happiness I do, and our branch can evolve into a ward. It is a big project, but one that will change lives. We organized everything, made appointments, stamped our number on the pamphlets and books, and now all we need to do is carry it out. I am so excited for the blessings that are going to come from this! 





A miracle story that I wanted to share...earlier this week I was a bit discouraged because all of our investigators are off to the mare (sea) for summer vacations! So frustrating! So after prayer and stress, we decided to just be as obedient as possible, work like mad women, talk to everyone, call everyone, and pray for more miracles. Well, one came. Several actually. One was a woman named Janeta. Sister Brown and I found her last week. She looked sad, and I decided that we needed to talk to her. So we approached her with the Book of Mormon and restoration. It turned into a lesson, but it didn't feel right, so then we went into the plan of salvation. Woah was that what she needed! We exchanged numbers and set up another appointment to elaborate on this plan of peace and happiness. 

Yesterday we met with her and asked if she had read the pamphlet we left. Yes, she read the whole thing. Sister Bennett asked what she thought. She said it was beautiful and something she wanted. We explained the plan using the puzzle you sent, and then she told us that when we found her, she was so down - so sad and depressed, like she wanted to die. Nothing was going right, and then we found her. We have been contacting her daily and loving her to pieces, and she said that we changed her week. She expressed that she was happier, that work didn't seem so unbearable, and that she wanted what we had. We set a baptisimal date for August 3rd. She is so elect and wonderful! 

We were supposed to have a baptism next week, but she hasn't been coming to church (Gloria), so we are going to have to change that - but things are so wonderful in the mission field. These people are in desperate need ot this message! We have brought two women back to reactivation who are now preparing for the temple, and have three baptisimal dates. I love, love, love being a missionary. There is nothing more rewarding. Nothing is more satisfying then when you see these people you love walk through those church doors, say a simple prayer, or share a favorite scripture. Nothing. I hope everyone gets this experience. 

Well, I officially cannot wrap my head around the fact that Rex is home (from his mission) and I am not.  That feels very, very weird. I had a moment yesterday when we were at zone training; reality hit me in the face, and I realized that life was going on in Utah without me! How inconsiderate! Haha...Sara (Simmons) is married, Michelle (Maughn) is pregnant, Rex is home, Emily (my roommate) is dating someone, Lucia is almost a senior - working on college stuff, Sarah (Barrus) is going on a mission, and I am here in Italy. Weird. Yes. The only thing that has stayed the same is mom and dad weekly telling me how much they love each other. That i do love :) thank heavens there is some sort of stablity!!!!!!! 

Daddy: You are phenomenal! I am so blessed to have a dad like you!  My heart is a little sad that you had to miss so much this week (working out of the country). I am sure that Rex doesn't feel like you let him down by not being there.  I know you didn't, and so does he. Your diligence and hard work inspire me to keep working even whenI am dead. Sleep is for the weak, right! Haha You are a crazy man ya know? I don't know how you do it. You must have some sort of immortal blood pulsing trhough your veins!

As for the treats you asked about....the US military base is 3 hours away, and the Jefferies (senior missionary couple in Forli) go once every three months, and they bring us back stuff. Lucky me :) I also have peanut butter! haha :) As for your questions - with President Wolfgramm, I only ever had one interview with him when I arrived...things with President Dibb might change. I love our zone conferences; they are once or twice a transfer...they are amazing and keep me going! We still write President every week...we report numbers, a miracle, a GEM from one of our companions, and our cleaning if we did it or not. Also, we tell him if we need anything. No, I haven't sent the package, probably next week. President and Sister Dibb are coming to our apartment today, and so that takes some of our pday time away. 

Mom: Your letters make me cry every week! Ahh - my dear sweet amazing cousin Rex, I am very touched by what he said. I am so proud of him. I cannot wait to get home and see the changes in him. I love that story you sent mom (The Mark of a Man). I bawled through the whole thing. If a missionary comes home like that, he (or she) did his work well. Sounds like Rex did. I am so blessed to have such amazing missionaries in my family. 

Nick, I am sure, will be a phenomenal missionary. His heart will change those hearts of the people in Brazil. Wow, I cannot believe how many people follow the blog and read it...haha no pressure! I am touched by the support and prayers that everyone gives. Please tell everyone thank you for me. I am able to work as an effective missionary with their prayers. I doubt I would be able to work as well without them! Heavenly Father would compensate though, I am sure. 

As for Kelly and Avery, you two girls are so wonderful. Don't ever forget that you both are missionaries now and forever will be. You don't need the tag...that is the cool part. 

No worries  about me...I am safe and always follow the spirit. I refuse to risk anything.

I love you all - so so much! I am so blessed to have such a support team at home. I couldn't do this without you all. Thank you.

Vi voglio bene! (I love you all)
--
Sister Francesca Montagnoli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.