Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Lord Provides a Way - 1 Nephi 3:7

Hello my lovely family...

I am thrilled about the baptisms! I am so proud of Sophie and Carson and glad you were able to be in Arizona with them! I am so not envious of the 110 degree heat in Arizona; I have enough of it here. It is officially summer and really, really hot and humid. I am slightly dying.  I am so not surprised you spoke mom, you are always chosen to speak :). Your story about the Comforter and the little twins at the beginning of your mission - each taking your hand and singing "A Child's Prayer" and letting you know you were loved and important is the story of my mission life...I think of your story often, and usually I clasp my hands together for strength. When no one is there, I hold my own hands and then say a prayer. 

Our extended family is truly amazing. I am frequently floored by the power that is within the walls of our homes, the strength of our family and the power of the priesthood we each have in our homes. I love the beautiful spirit in each of the homes of my Aunts and Uncles, and I love how they teach my cousins the wonderful gospel of Jesus Christ. That is power...all of us...together...unified in the gospel. This is what I teach every day. I am so blessed to have it in my life. I have every intention to carry on the tradition, because mom i agree with you, I would rather have the joy and peace of the gospel than any amount of money. 

How was the temple with Harrison?!!! I bet it was amazing. I am so proud of him. I miss the temple so much! I am so glad you all got the letters. I wish that we could have skyped for Father's Day, but the letter will have to suffice. I love my daddy :) It has made my heart soar that our Italian genealogy has taken off. You are so amazing, and we truly are so blessed to be able to come back to Italy and do the work. 

Dad, 1 Nephi 3:7 has become my motto too. God really does provide a path and a way for us to do what He asks. It makes my head spin really. He has prepared each of us in very different ways to accomplish each task He gives us. No matter how unrealistic it may seem at the time, He does prepare us and provide a way. I have to remember that. Heavenly Father is really pushing and pulling on my spiritual and physical muscles over here.  We have had some bike problems and have had to get creative! - see photo below.



I am working so hard trying to lift, be a good example and trainer to both my companions, Sister Brown and Sister Bennett.   They, as well as our investigators have had a struggling week.  I have felt a great weight on my shoulders and so much responsibility.  Sister Wolfgramm (the Mission President's wife) has been a wonderful support and has given me great advice on how to be successful in our "Trio".   

She called and told me that she loved me so much, and that from the second she hugged me when I got off the plane, she knew I was special and would help guide this new group of sisters.  She is amazing, and she gave me the comfort and energy to keep going.  She said that I was being trained right now to be ready for the future.  I love her so much and I hate that she will be going home soon. 

Prayers are needed for all of us here in Forli. I initiated our plan and it seems to be working. My number one priority is loving and helping my companions, but I also want to really help build this city.  This transfer is going to be one of growth and learning.  

Sister Brown (our 3rd companion) is from Florida and has been out a year.  She did homeschool and is a humanities major and loves history.  She is very passionate and when she is teaching, she is powerful.  I love her and I am excited to serve her.  I love Sister Bennett (as you know) and am excited for the miracles the three of us will see while working together in the same cause.

Here is a miracle story for today of Lila and Moreno. I have been trying to get in with them for two transfers now. Her mom died right before i got here. She seemed okay, but then they dropped off the planet. We have been trying to fix appointment after appointment with them, and it kept falling through. We finally got in, and oh my goodness -  it was a heavy lesson. We discovered all the blocks, the difficulties and problems. She is depressed and feels abandoned by God.  He is out of work and had an accidental drug overdose this week. The lesson was one of powerful bearing of testimony, of God's love for us and the peace Christ can bring us if we let him.  She was crying and feeling the spirit the whole time. She is going to be okay and will receive a Priesthood blessing later today. The miracle is that we finally got to her, got to love her, and now I know how to help her. She is fantastic, and we now are in the door. 

I am so blessed for have the gospel and to feel and be guided by the Spirit of our Heavenly Father. I love you all!  Sorry this was short, but gotta go! 

--
Sister Francesca Montagnoli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.