Ciao tutti!!!!
Well this week has not been as exciting as last week. We have a man in our ward (about 30 years old) who is handicapped and has developed a crush on me. He gives his mom quite the hard time getting dressed for church, because I will be there and he talks about me endlessly. It has become the ward joke now...we're thinking I will be transferred in two weeks anyway. We all have have gotten quite the laugh - in his sweet way...he just says over and over again "Montagnoli....Sorella Montagnoli...."
I do have a major miracle to share with you about a man named Reginald. He is from Camaroon, is a bouncer at a disco-tech, wears fedoras and matching sunglasses every day, and is the most elect person ever. He had recently received a pass along card and called us. He had come by the church, but four hours after it was over. We set up a time to meet with him later that week.
On Friday we were stood up for an appointment. I thought, why not give Reginald a call to see if he can meet with us today instead. So I did, and he was able to! We took him to the church, showed him around, and it ended in a full restoration lesson. He believed it all; it made sense to him. He accepted a baptismal date. We met with him the next day, had a beautiful lesson, and he committed to reading the Book of Mormon and praying daily.
He then came to church on Sunday. The next lesson we gave was the Plan of Salvation. He had questions. We gave him the pamphlet and told him to study some and we would finish the next lesson. He then came two days later with a full page of notes and study material, and he taught us what he learned from the Book of Mormon on the resurrection. He was brilliant! He did it all on his own.
The next lesson we taught him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Word of Wisdom. We asked him to commit to living these principles, and he said "Yeah, why not. It sounds right and God knows best!" I was shocked. He then told us he used to smoke marijuana and cigarettes. He decided to quit the marijuana and only smoke and drink wine. Then the wine gave him a greater desire to smoke. He then said, "One day I felt the spirit of God saying that I needed to stop drinking and smoking all together. So, I did. It has been three years." I was beyond shocked. He really is elect. His baptism is in two weeks! He is excited and ready. This whole experience was a testimony that there really are prepared people for us. It just takes a while to find them. They are real though! There is hope in every city!
A funny story....Sister Bennett and I both have this issue where we cannot stand having our feet dirty. As you know family, non c'e' carpet here, so our feet get dirty even with sandals. So we were washing them off in the bath and shaving. Sister Brown came in and gave me the phone, so I could call in our numbers to our district leader. Sister Bennett decided to be funny and tried to finish shaving my legs for me while I was giving our numbers. Then she started falling! My left leg was under hers, and we both fell backward, feet in the hair, flat on our backs out of the tub. This poor Elder on the other line couldn't figure out what was going on with us. Practically every time he calls something funny like that happens. We were hysterically laughing on the floor - knocked the wind out of me too!
Ferragosto (August holiday) in Forli means ghost town. Nothing. No one on the street. No one in the apartments. Nothing. No Italians. Luckily, the Africans here are not on vacation...that has been nice, as we've had a lot of lessons in English - which has been great to fine tune our teaching skills in our native tongue.
Thank you so much mom and dad for forwarding the devotionals from the MTC. I love this little in you have! What powerful messages are shared in those sacred halls. If I transfer to BYU Provo, I might try to work there. We'll see. It would be so wonderful!
Mom, your email really helped me this week. I have learned that numbers mean nothing...people do. My work here cannot be placed under a grade. My best is my best. Italy is amazing. These people are so wonderful. They are strong and slow to convert, but when they do, they make the best members ever. These members here are the most faithful, powerful people I have ever met. I am honored to work along side them. They are the real missionaries - the pioneers - the saints. I love them.
Sarah sue.....I cried when I read that you are in the process of getting your temple recommend. It gives me chills. I want so badly to give you a hug - to show my love to you right now. There is nothing more amazing than the temple. I want so badly to go right now with you! You will walk out of the temple feeling a new sense of identity and love of Heavenly Father. Nothing better. I am thrilled!!!
Last thing I wanted to share is from a General Conference article I read yesterday from President Monson (during the Priesthood session). He says, "During no other time does the entire family so anxiously watch and wait for the mailman and the letter which contains the return address - 47 East, South Temple, Salt Lake City, Utah. The letter arrives; the suspense is overwhelming; the call is read...regardless of the location, however, the response of the prepared and obedient missionary is the same: I will serve.
Preparation for departure begins. Young men, I hope you appreciate the sacrifices which your parents so willingly make in order for you to serve. Their labors will sustain you, their faith encourage you, their prayers uphold you. A mission is a family affair. Though the expanse of continents or oceans may separate, hearts are one."
How true that is! Thank you for all that you all do - for the endless support. THIS we are doing together and I love you all. Please do not forget that. I love it. I love you. I pray for you. Gotta go....
Love,
http://sorellamontagnoli.blogspot.comSorella Montagnoli
You can write her at: alicia.montagnoli@myldsmail.net
Sister Francesca Montagnoli
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.