Tuesday morning we went downstairs and Sister Russell's bike was flat. We have a lame little hand pump which we tried, but it was basically useless. So we went to the anziani (elders) who have a normal sized one. Then we discovered that there was a whole. Not having time to fix it ourselves, nor did we know where to buy a new tube, we took it in to the shop.
While we were with her our phone buzzed and I ignored it. While we were out Sister Russell reminded me the phone had gone off, and we should probably look. To my surprise I see it is from DAD! My dad! I was so incredibly confused. Haha. Shocked even. We called and there was no answer, so we went back to Giovanna and had a great little lesson with her about her upcoming baptism. Sadly at this point she won't make her baptism date, not for desire but for health. We will get there though! Anyway, after I called this phone number claiming to be my dad, and it was totally him!
No words. Our day ended up being perfect. Perfect timing with buses, trains, lessons and everything. Sister Russell said that it was clearly orchestrated by someone up high. I loved it. It felt so normal too! haha. Weird. We have dreams of our mission world and reality at home mixing, and we always wake up confused. Haha questo era un sogno che e diventata una realta! (This was a dream that became a reality!) Haha so fun! No mom, no distractions here. We went right to work for the rest of the day. All it did was add a little boost of energy to both Sister Russell and me. It was something we needed :) I loved it!
| When Francesca was a toddler, we had this same basketball hoop and they played "Air Checa". |
| While translating at the MTC, we ran into "Sister Barrus"! |
| The future "Sister Montagnoli", Lucia w/dad at the MTC |
| Dad&Mom (Cliff&Martha) @the MTC world map |
![]() |
| Cliff & Lucia at the MTC translation booth. |
This week I wanted to tell you a little about Paul. He is a new convert from June and is amazing. He was the first person I taught here, and he is amazing. He looks out for us, protects us and brings a lot of investigators. He is also our Twii teacher. Haha! He is in a hard situation. No job, no house, eats at cartias and is the most humble, fantastic member I have ever met. He has been staying wtih this amazing Italian man for the past 6 months, but now this man is moving and that leaves Paul homeless again. His brother in the states bought him a ticket to back home to Ghana and was so sad. But, he needs this. We asked him what he would do when he got home, and the first thing he said was he was going to find the church, present himself to the bishop and give his mom a Book of Mormon. Such an amazing man. I will miss him! We went to our little pizza place "Mr. Pizza" and ate together for the last time. Then we sent him off with directions to the church in Ghana and a Book of Mormon to give to his mom.
Well I gotta go, but I love you all so much! Thank you for your prayers and support! You all are such a strength to me!!!
Love,
Sorella Montagnoli
Sister Francesca Montagnoli


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.