I am fasinated with everything that we saw. I have seen mass many times before, but not from a missionary's point of view. I understand the need for a restoration of the gospel and church of Jesus Christ - the same way it was when Christ established it. I thought so much of the Savior as I sat there. I know without a shadow of a doubt that Joseph Smith restored the true church of Jesus Christ. Nothing missing.
I was pondering on the peace, faith, happiness and fullness in any LDS church you walk into. When we were teaching Simone, he pointed out that he loved how our leaders were all humbly dressed and gave of their time without pay or recognition. I testify that in the church of Jesus Christ we can receive the saving ordinances that we need to be able to return with our father in Heaven. Those ordinances can only be performed by an ordained, worthy Priesthood holder, a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. The Priesthood was restored to Joseph Smith, and once again this power to act in the name of God blesses the lives of God's children. We have a living Prophet who guides the church. This is it. We are it. This generation of missionaries is so critical to the world at this time - to help our brothers and sisters out of the darkness that consumes the world. I know this to be true. No doubts. No worries. I have no fears for the future.
A miracle this week has to be the Suarez family. We were on our way last week to visit a member and do family home evening with them. We were late, so I almost walked past this man without talking. He seemed in a hurry and very not in a happy mood. But, I felt we needed to stop, even if that meant we'd be a little late to our member. We asked him what made him happy and he said his family. He's got three kids and a wife. We spoke to him about the plan of happiness for the family. He then invited us over to visit him to explain some more. We called the day before the appointment to confirm, and initially when he heard who I was, he hung up the phone. Disappointed, and not knowing whether to call back, Sister Russell and I just stared at each other - what do we do?! We decided to call him back; good thing because he said he'd like to hear more. I think he just misundersthood who we were. The lesson went wonderfully. I wasn't there, it was a split that day, but Sister Russell says it was the best first lesson she's ever given. This man seems very elect and has a beautiful family. Two of his children are over the age of 8. I pray that this family will make it to the waters of baptism!!!
Sister Russell and I are trying our hardest and working so hard. I hope that we can become those unstoppable missionaries. :) Haha, yesterday in fact, we didn't even get a lunch hour - we grabbed a pizza, scarfed it down and ran to our appointment. It was a nuts day. We got home and I was dead. I am pretty sure I was asleep before my head hit the pillow. We were updating the area book, and I cannot tell you how many scribbles I made. My English checked out hours prior, my Italian was even worse!
I must say, this week was one of frustration with bidones (people standing us up). Everyone and their dogs went out on walks and had zero desire to keep an appointment. Our Africans we are teaching were also not able to keep their appointments. Regardless, they make me smile every time we get to meet with them. This city is rubbing off on me, and I am beginning to speak African-English without realizing it. Haha, I am going to come home not being able to speak! I'm glad I took care of all my college English before I left! Meno Male!
I cannot get over how cute Oaklee is! Michelle and Joe, I bet are great first time parents :) I cannot wait to get my hands on her and love her to pieces. When i get home, if anyone even tries to take her from me, I will be throwing a fit in Italian...non si puo!
Yeah dad those rats we have here are nasty. We couldn't figure out what to name them, so we called them the things from Princess Bride :) Now I cannot remember the name. But, still nasty things that I am absolutely fasinated with. Halloween for us was not eventful, but yes we did made cookies out of mr. pumpkin, and man were they yummy :) I am becoming quite the homemaker out here!
Mom, I will most definitely be praying for you...I hope all goes well. Those stinker knees. Mine act up every once in a while, and I have to get off the bikes. I will most definitely be thinking about you and praying for you. Haha - when you have your surgery, I'll be asleep, so maybe I'll connect with you in my dreams.
I love you all,
I pray for you all.
I miss each of you.
Love,
Sorella Montagnoli
Sorella Montagnoli
Sister Francesca Montagnoli
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.