Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Protection, Miracles & Gelato!

Ciao tutti!!! 

This cow (at the Gelateria) is almost the same as the cow
at the Ice Cream Shop in Park City, UT that the girls have
 been sitting on and taking pictures with since they were little!

Yes mom, I printed your email off (from Elder Swick's devotional at the MTC) and read it. Cried a little too :) Haha! I was very moved by all the stories he shared. They were amazing. I can witness how God protects his missionaries. One, my accident in Forli with my bike - and two, we got in a car accident this week. We were in a car with a meno attiva member who was distracted, and she wasn't paying attention to the road. She was waving her hands, turning her whole body to face me while explaining things and trying to drive a stick shift. She rear ended someone. It wasn't bad, but we should have had whip lash, but nope. We woke up fine the next day :) We were definitely protected. Sister Gillette (Francesca's companion from the MTC) she got robbed at knife point a few weeks ago (in Italy), and they ended up being completely safe. I know for a fact Heavenly Father protects us. That plus all of the missionaries who have been safe while serving where natural disasters have hit, like in the Philippines...wow. Miracles. Who can not believe there is not a God, when miracles like that happen. It isn't possible. 

Actually, you are very inspired in asking dad - I wanted to share more with you all about Giovanna.  So once upon a time five years ago, Giovanna met the sister missionaries. They taught her, she wouldn't really progress, and they let her go. In the mean time she had been searching for the truth, because she saw flaws in the catholic religion. She was enthralled with the concept of an after life, and no church could give her a satisfactory answer. She couldn't find a full clear answer in the Bible. She talked with Jehovah's Witness, but still....too many flaws. 

She gave up when she got extremely ill. She had some serious nerve issues where she was bed ridden; she couldn't move because of the pain. Sharp pain she described, as when you are getting numbed at the dentist, and they hit a nerve (which I have personally experienced, and it is the worst pain I have had - minus my hospital trip). She had that pain constantly. About a year ago, the sisters randomly knocked on her door in a time where she felt like she was going to die. She told them, " It seems like you Mormons are always the ones who come and help me when I am in desperate need." She still did not progress. Then we came in a moment very similar, a moment of despair. 

Sorella Montagnoli, Giovanna, & Sorella Russell
We have been working with her since I got here, and we have seen serious miracles. With this pain, she could not even take a bath. She had to give herself personal sponge baths. Therefore, baptism by immersion was out of the question. We asked her if she believed in miracles. She said yes. We taught about faith and miracles and that she could be healed. She received a priesthood blessing, and all of her illness has now dispersed. She would catch every illness, bacteria or virus any time she'd step outside; now she is strong. She can bathe and do all. She is now asking to come to church and has asked to be baptized. She called and said, "Credo che diventero una mormona." (I believe I am going to become a Mormon.)  I just laughed and asked when?  She is progressing, but as of late there have been familial problems, but father than falling back, she is growing closer to the Lord with constant prayer. I hope and pray she continues down this path. I have come to love this woman in a way that I didn't think was possible. I had to come to Reggio for her, I am sure. 

Mom, I have been praying for you all week that you will recover well from your knee surgery. Wait - why aren't ya'll doing a real Thanksgiving dinner? (Upon Grandpa's request, we are going to Cracker Barrel. :) Oh just kidding, dad wont' be there either. (Cliff is in Germany for work until Sat.) I really need to read everything before I type :) That's okay, next year it will be a blast! 
Having Gelato (Italian ice cream) is almost
better than a home cooked Thanksgiving dinner!
We are going to try to do something over Thanksgiving with one of our members. We told her about the holiday, and she asked to celebrate it with us. Super sweet :) I love her. Otherwise...probably nothing. We'll eat pumpkin cookies and mashed potatoes. 

Dad, thanks for the picture of those nasty little creatures. We got quite a giggle out of it too :) haha! Dad, I am glad you were there for mom's surgery. She needs you :) We Montagnolis put on brave face when there is something hard in front of us, but in reality we are usually needy and nervous inside :) - not that you don't know that. Haha. 

Yes, Lu told me about the deer rifle, cough for clarification; I shot that when I was 14 ;) Haha but not since! Haha. Sounds like a blast fourwheeling and shooting for your preference day date. My kinda fun! Then curling up by the fire with a movie after. Yup :) That is what I will be doing when I get home! haha! 

Anways, time is up. I love you all! Funny little fact, I asked the Africans if I could become one of them, and they said "Sure why not! We have half casts!" Yup, I am now a half cast :) Haha! 
You all are wonderful, thank you for your prayers and support. I could not do this without my wonderful family and friends. I am so blessed to have such a support group. 

Con tutto il mio amore, 

Sorella montagnoli 
--
Sister Francesca Montagnoli

email:  alicia.montagnoli@myldsmail.net
blog:  sorellmontagnoli.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.