![]() |
| Sorella Stephens & Sorella Montagnoli - proselyting in Venice. |
Charlie was the only one of the family to come to church. She came with her Aunt. We went to young women's with her and our other investigator who is 15 years old. It was so fun to be in young women's again. We only have 2 young woman here. Memories flooded back as I recited the YW theme in Italian. I was reminded of Rome and our youth there. We were in tanti (many)!!! Wow! haha! It broke my heart when one of the YW was kind of apathetic, and her leader was trying so hard to help her feel the spirit. I got to translate for Abbiba, our other young woman. The theme was "Knowing our Heavenly Father" - Diety, and what that means. As I was translating, I was just filled with the confirming spirit of the restoration. How blessed we are to have this knowledge of our true identity as children of a King. I got emotional translating, because I could see and feel the powerful spirit emanating from this wonderful sister, as she was baring her testimony. She was pleading with these young girls to pray - to get to know their Father in Heaven better - to learn of Him and to understand who they are.
I could just see my leaders and how they did the same for me. Even in Italy. As I look back, I probably was not the best young woman in Italy; I was so tired from school sports- days/evenings/traveling on Saturdays, and all I wanted to do was sleep. But my wonderful leaders just loved me, and I know to this day how much they cared. That was the thing I needed at that point. I could see all the preparation this leader put into her girls, and I can only imagine how all my leaders did that for me. I am so grateful for this church and for the guidance it gives our youth. I know without a doubt that I am a daughter of God, and He loves me so much. He worries about me as any good father does - as my earthly father does, but on a Godly plane. My testimony grew and was strengthened through my years in the young women's program - and has given me the strength to stand against the fierce winds that Satan sends my way. How blessed we are!
The best part was that I saw how our sweet investigators just loved that lesson. I know their hearts were touched. Especially Charlie. Both of the girls came with us to gospel principles, because we had to teach it and they wanted to stay with us. The miracle was how amazing Charlie understands the gospel already! This girl is so elect I cannot even stand it. We broke up into groups to learn about the second coming. Her part, which she shared with Sister Stephens, was about how Christ with reign. She taught the class everything she learned, and when she was finished, I just asked if she wanted to teach the rest! She practically bore testimony of that great day. I can just see her as a missionary. She ate the whole thing up and was so focused on the entire lesson. She loved sacrament meeting too! I can just see her with a little black name tag as a missionary one day. I cannot wait to see where she goes. She keeps the Book of Mormon by her bedside too.
It was a great week. We had lots of heavenly help! As of now, we haven't found any more new investigators, but we have made some serious progress with our less active members. :) I feel like a big part of my mission experience in Forli and Maestre/Venice has been in reactivation. It is also something that I LOVE doing. It is the most amazing thing to see people remember who they are as children of God and feel his love for them again. Some missions have rules on how much time to spend reactivating, but ours doesn't. Kaden's does, I know that. I love it all, though I am exhausted! - haha....yesterday was SOOOOO hard to get out of bed. Prayers please! I am great though. I love you all and am so grateful for your endless support. What would I do with out you!
I'll figure out a way to get a video to help with missionary month :) I am so thrilled that ya'll are doing that and humbled that they want me included. What a great thing. This missionary force that is out right now is paving the way for the next generation of misisonaries, aka Lucia. I am so excited for you to be able to come work this field. You are already so amazing!!!! And Sarah - I am officially blown away by you, my missionary sister!! Wow! I am so excited to have you experiencing the same things I am and growing so much. My Sister Sarah Barrus is a super star missionary!!!
With my group, we have been one of trial and error, learning on the job - but it will be all ready for you! We are to the point where our mission is completely changed, and we are stabilized now. :) The missionaries coming in are lucky little ones ;) haha! I love being a part of it, even if I am exhausted. Some days I feel so tired, and the thought of getting out of bed and then going out talking to people seems so hard. Then, I'm so sustained and supported and see so many miracles - in myself and in others. I think how the adversary is hastening his work as much as the Lord is. All the great missionaries, spiritual giants, and leaders experienced adversity. They were real people, and I like that. They were not immune from mortal challenges. Weaknesses make us human, and how we turn them into strengths is what defines us. Thank you for sharing your mission stories, which make me feel better! I look back on my mission so far, and I think - how did I do that? I can't believe my own growth. I am so blessed.
Well, I love you! The church is true, the Book of Mormon is power, and I cannot deny it! :)
Love,
Sorella Montagnoli
aliciamontagnoli@myldsmail.net
http://sorellamontagnoli.blogspot.com


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.