Sunday, February 9, 2014

"Little Things" that bring us HAPPINESS!

Sorella Montagnoli
My lovely family -

It officially has not stopped raining here for a week! I have not seen the sun, and it is making me quite COLD! hahaI'm bundled well though. 


We love miracles in Maestre!!! After our scambi (exchanges) we were incredibly tired. Seriously, scambi wipe me out! That, plus we had to give a zone training, and I was just shot!  I did however get to eat a bunch of peanut butter! When we got home, we didn't even get a chance to go home and drop off our bags - before we had to run to the church for a baptism. It was so worth it! 

Baptismal Font
The Finotto family is so amazing. Both of the parents are returned missionaries, and their son was the one being baptized. They have taught their children so well. Their son, Michele, made a list for his mom of the people he wanted to be at his baptism. The list included several friends, their parents, his math, religion, and language teacher, and his extended family who are not active or are not members. Sister Finotto took the list very seriously and made it happen. Weeks ago she gave us the list and asked if we would begin praying for these people, and if we would do a little thought while Michele and his dad changed. She had translated the Mormon Message "Little Things" into Italian and wanted us to base our lesson off that. We prepared our part and were ready to go with books, pamphlets, pass along cards and smiles! :) 

There were twice as many non members there as members. It was so beautiful. We gave our little talk, explained who we were and what we taught - and bore testimony that the little things in life bring us happiness. We held it up and told them how this book (the Book of Mormon) was one of them. Then we sat down and they finished the ceremony. After we mingled with all of the people and got to know them. We tried our hardest to help them understand how normal and kind we actually are. They appreciated it. We weren't sure if our message really touched their hearts, but we prayed it would. When we went to check our table (which was downstairs) all of our books and pamphlets were still there. No one had taken anything - yet! To our pleasant surprise, at the end of the evening, 4 of the 5 books were gone along with the pamphlets!!! SO MANY SEEDS WERE PLANTED THAT NIGHT!!! Oh it was so beautiful. The evening ended and we finally took our stuff home. 

We walked in the door, and we still had an hour and a half of working time. We could have easily justified staying inside to do area book and calls, but we felt we needed to go out and we would be blessed. So tired, cold and wet - we went out and had a lesson with our investigator we hadn't seen all week. 

When we got home we got a surpise call from President Dibb. He called, and we are so blessed to have been given a referral from him to teach someone in Venice.

This week has been long, fast, hard and wonderful! Blows my mind that my companion and I complete one year tomorrow! The time really did fly, didn't it!!! I love you all! Thank you for the support. I hope all is well with each and every one of you! You're my favorite!! 

Photo I sent - Francesca & Lulu as little girls
Dad, I remember you telling me that story of strength on the pioneer trek, and I am still touched by it. Strength doesn't come from our human bodies; it comes from the Lord. If we were to only rely on our weak bodies, we'd fail every time. How blessed are we to have the Lord and to know we can use him as an endless energy source. 

Thank you for all of your prayers and support right now! I am so grateful to you all. I am glad you all got my letter! I was a little worried it weighed too much. Mom, I LOVED the pictures you sent. Little Lu Lu and I have quite a history. 

Love, 

Sorella Montagnoli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.