Then she and Sister Bush (my comp) got called to Milano for a conference, so Marianne came here, and we got a whole day and a half together. It was a blast. First, we went to a YSA dinner with my 7 year eternal investigator Angelo. It is my personal project to get a baptismal date out of him this week. He had a blast and we had tacos with the Jeffries (the senior couple). I am so grateful I grew up in the states, where i don't have to live at home for so long in my twenties - and can more easily find people to date. These YSA have such a hard time here.
I can offically navigate my city and I love it! We braved it together...two greenies - ha it was fun. We made it home safely. Monday was when the big adventures started. Wow. Well, first we did strada in centro for a couple of hours, where we met a man named Joseph. We were thrilled, because he wasn't Muslim. We aren't supposed to teach Muslims, because of their safety, and every person we seemed to talk to was Muslim! But not Joseph! We met him in the morning, and he wanted to talk more and have a lesson that afternoon. We went back after lunch and were shocked when he showed up. We tag team taught the restoration and have another appointment with him Saturday. We have a new investigator!
It was so cool to be able to teach with Marianne and be missionaries together. We were in heaven going around spreading the gospel to anyone who would listen. We talked to everyone and got several potentials. But, not all is good in paradise....we were followed. Now, don't freak out; we were completely okay. We were at an inactive's house and across the street was a man walking down the road. He stopped, looked at us, watched us and then when we started walking away, he followed us. We turned the corner and still followed us. Marianne and I both had very bad feelings and around the next corner we started running. We found a hiding spot and stayed for about seven minutes.
We did pop charts. (Every day we have to do three. We are given a principle and scripture, and we have to teach and bare testimony all in two minutes.) We did a few, then felt like it was okay. We came out, and he was across the street again; he saw us and began to follow. After walking fast and hiding again, we lost him. I was thinking, maybe he needed something - then I remembered the dark spirit we felt and decided it was best that we ran. The Lord really watches out for his sister missionaries. He loves us and will always keep us safe. Marianne just laughed, and we spent the rest of the day working and enjoying each other's company. Love it! Love her!
INSERT: from Marianne (Sorella Acerson's) letter about working with Francesca this week. Gotta love it when the moms are best friends and corroborate on their daughters' mission adventures together!
I went to Forlì again for another Scambio with Sorella Montagnoli. Both of our companions were invited to go to a conference in Milan to hear a speaker. It was so awesome to be with her and teach with her. We found some people that we set up appointments up for the next day. We went to a G.A.N.S. (Giovani adulti non sposati) dinner at theJefferies appartment. They are the Senior couple in their city. One of their eternal investigators was there. We had tacos and is was lots of fun.
The next day they didn't show up, but we found a lot of awesome people and set up some appointments for the future. We also taught a man because he had enough time. We did the restoration and it was awesome. It was incredible to teach together. Her Italian is getting so great. She is so positive, full of life, and so sweet. She is also awesome at approaching people and has no fear. Even if they were walking away and said that they weren't interested, she would still get something in and try to get them to take a pass-along card. We also met an incredible man that travels a lot and knew about our church. He has been to Utah before. He has an adorable little girl. He didn't want to hear more, but we left him with a Family Proclamation because he talked to us about family and how the world views are changing of it.
BACK TO FRANCESCA's LETTER...Earlier in the week we had a birthday party for one of our youth. Her parents abandoned her, and so we (the church) take care of her. We had a beautiful lesson about missionary work among peers. Our investigators came to the party, and we played ninja and ate treats. It was funny, because they were like, "This is a boys game! Why are you so good at it?" I just laughed and explained that in high school this silly group of boys I hung out with played it together, and I had to be fast, or else I wouldn't survive against them.
Yesterday we taught a beautiful lesson with an inactive family. They were sealed in the temple and have sadly gone inactive because of drama at church. They are amazing, and we spoke about the Book of Mormon - how it is a witness of Christ, our foundation of testimony, and contains the fullness of the gospel. It was the first lesson where Sister Bush and I felt really unified in our teaching. Finally, we have people we are teaching, and we are loving being a power companionship together. I was told it would take about this long...IT IS ABOUT TIME. Ha-ha, I don't have patience. I love her though and would do anything for her.
I love this city and my people so much. Watching conference as a missionary is so different. The whole time I was thinking about my investigators and members. Normally, it is just me I think about during Conference, but now not so much. Elder Holland's talk about faith and Elder Bednar's on Chastity; Elder Anderson's of missionary work; Elder Clayton's on marriage - all of the talks really had a message for each of my people. I love it! They say things much more eloquently than I ever could.
I have decided something...that I don't like it so much when people say a mission changes a person. Rather, I like to think of it as a mission makes them grow up. We grow and become the people God intended us to be. It is all for the best and it really is our purpose here on earth: to become people who serve God with all our might, mind, heart, and strength. For some of us, it takes a full-time mission to get this outcome. I love seeing the growth of a city, the growth of people, and feeling love for the gospel from this perspective.
I love you - all of my family! CONGRATS TO THE COLLEGE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Our Michelle and her dear husband Joe, and his twin John, and his wife Casey graduated from BYU-I last week. They were Francesca's pals at school, and they all feel like our kids!) Now, I have to go back to Rexburg by myself and hang out with single people. Lame! But, I am so proud of you all! Joe and Michelle I am THRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLED for you; half the time when I talk about my family, I can't stop talking about you! Hahaha. You two are amazing, and I cannot wait to meet that baby. Congrats to Brandy and Jacquelyn on their sweet babies too. Love those babies! Haha.
Mom, I am so your daughter - did you know? We had our inspection, and I went on a cleaning spree. Our house was nasty. We moved in to an apartment which had Anziani (Elders) for 30 years...I will just let your imaginations run with that one. When I wiped the walls, literally they were two different shades until I was done. Sister Bush just laughs at me, because I am always cleaning. Our house is as clean as the castle could get when we cleaned it well. (That is what we called our villa in Italy, which was cool, but did not give you that home or clean feel.) I just don't let myself look to closely, or I will impulsively start cleaning again.
Exercising in their clean apartment!
Our market mom is on Mondays and Fridays, so we can't go. It is kind of sad, but if we need to, we can change a couple of p-day hours to go shop if there are things we need. It is finally warming up, so I don't look feel like I look like a nun anymore - with my black coat and skirts! :) Dad...Pasquetta didn't really happen. We were in appointments and out of the city in meetings, sadly. I think they had a party time parade in centro.
Well my family...I am going to try to send pictures. I love you and am so happy to be in this together. Sarah...you, my dearest sister are amazing. I am so impressed by your growth and good desires. Lucia...I dont know if I will have time to write this week, but wow you are beautiful! (She went to prom last week and really did look stunning.) Sounds like a very eventful weekend. I actually know the Garlik family. They will definitely be in my prayers. My heart goes out to them and to you.
We are blessed to have an eternal family and knowledge that this can last forever. I think of being away, and I am totally okay, because I have an eternity to sit on the kitchen floor, laugh, dance and sing with you all. Our family is so blessed. Together - all six of us - are unstoppable!
Eternally loving,
Sister Francesca Montagnoli





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.