Well I have so much to say and not enough time or fast enough fingers!
We had zone conference this week and wow how my spirits have changed. I was in general struggling, because our area is very slow in the work. Our numbers are low. We work hard and daily our plans fall through. This is all normal, and I understand that...but still it takes a toll on you emotionally.
As everyone was telling their miracles, I was beginning to feel bad about it - but then reminded myself that it was all normal. I was praying for comfort all week as well as praying for trials to help me grow. I have recieved both! I decided I am no longer putting up with this slow city, and I have to decided that it is going to change in my head - before I can do anything as a missionary. So I have.
Sister Woflgramm spoke to us and was saying how much we are loved and appreciated by her. She said we don't need to be perfect, that "He is giving us the capacity to do things. He is hastening the work, but he is also hastening you." Then our AP said that at the end of the week we should be a different person because he have grown.
To add to that, Marianne reminded me of my strength and that Heavenly Father knew I could handle building a city, and He sent me there to do just that. President showed us a video of all the baptisms, and they were amazing. The spirit let me know that I would have that, and we would be able to build this city together. I felt I could help create miracles and that I don't need to prove anything to anyone but the Lord.
For a while I felt like I needed to instantly be an amazing missionary, because mom was and that was the nature of sister missionaries. (mom chiming in here...moms tend not to share all the challenging growth trials. She is truly so much more than I ever was at that age.) No I need to be me and that is enough. The best me is the one who the Lord called.
After we got home, Sister Bush and I had a bit of a bonding moment and are learning to rely on each other more. I love all the learning and growth from the mission. Marianne and I are so much closer than ever before. She is so sweet and is continually giving support and vise versa. It is crazy how the relationship between us has changed over the years.
(Marianne is a very dear family friend who went into the MTC with Francesca. Her parents were the mission presidents when we lived in Rome and our families became very close. She is currently serving in a nearby city and they are in the same district.)
So another cool revelation from this week. I have been thinking a lot about our covenants. I had never really put two and two together before, but when we were baptized we promised to do missionary work too. Often times we think of our baptism as something that we do for ourselves to save us, to be able to return to God. But, there is more.
We promised to share the gospel with the world. As I thought about it more...missionaries have always been a part of my life. It has always been there. My parents were clearly amazing missionaries, and they have not ever stopped being them. As members of the Church of Jesus Christ, we are here to build the kingdom. Part of that is inviting people to church, opening your mouth and speaking - working with the missioanries. I love our members here who yearn to teach with us. So, my invitation to all of you is....invite someone to church or do a little missionary act this week.
Funny stuff from this week that made me laugh...every once in a while the anziani (elders) come up to me and tell me about their girls at home; it makes me giggle. I guess either I look like them or my hair reminds me of them or something like that. Silly boys.
Speaking of...um...did anyone else notice how much Africa was mentioned in conference? (Francesca's "non boyfriend :)", Elder Heaton is serving in Mozambique, Africa.)
I loved conference!!! Loved elder andersons talk!
I loved conference!!! Loved elder andersons talk!
Gotta go, but I love you all and hope you are all happy and doing well.
Love
--
Sister Francesca Montagnoli
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.