Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter in Italy!

Ciao tutti -

Well I am flat out the most spoiled and loved missionary in the field! I show everyone our family picture and sometimes they confuse me for Lucia. Hahah! Everyone says that we are such a beautiful family. I have to agree. :) 
Sounds like ya'll had a pretty fantastic week! Thank you for all the pictures this week. Hahaha grandpa you are so silly! I can honestly say I miss ya'll for all the silly things we do. Hahaha! This week there were "25 billion" dogs out and i missed Sammy!  Daddy, it sounds like you made quite the impression on everyone in church. I wish I could have been there to hear it. 

One really cool thing since I last wrote was our training meeting in Milano. President Wolfgramm gave us an excellent talk about literally forgetting who we are -  and making who we are Christ and our mission. Christ and missionary work is our new identity. I loved that - to put our every thought, every action, and every ounce of energy into our work. I am focused and working hard, but I can always improve. I have tried really hard this week to put every ounce of my being into my work. 

Honestly church this week was somewhat disappointing. We walked into Relief Society and were instantly in trouble. (You know how much I don't like to be in trouble!)  We weren't able to make it to a dinner appointment, because of our new missionary training in Milano. We called and left messages, but she never got them and was waiting.  Even though we explained, she was not happy when we first got to church.

On top of that, I felt like my Italian was TERRIBLE, and I couldn't seem to understand diddly squat! I began to get frustrated. Through each meeting I would catch little things here and there, but nothing really. Then, I remembered what mom said when we lived here...the spirit speaks the same langauge. So i tried that, and I was able to receive uplifting Easter messages. 

After church was the really fun part....AMAZING FOOD!!! Hahaha - yes so much food I vowed to never eat again. So much chocolate I honestly don't think any one human being could eat it all. We had a group of 13 in this little Italian kitchen. Actually it was Fratello Rossi who cooked, and man was it delicious! He made lasagna that tasted like a little bit of heaven. He gave us HUGE peices too and kept offering us more. Then on top of that was zucchini - big zucchini, stuffed with some sort of carne (meat). Not sure what it was. Then we of course had bread with fruit. I felt like a little kid again, cuz I wasn't too full to eat the Colomba (Italian specialty Easter cake in the shape of a dove) but my tummy was too full to eat the fruit and bread. Hahaha -  I guess your stomach makes room for the important stuff! :)



Then we broke out the eggs. First I need to tell you about my friend Elodine. She is four years old and my best bud. We play Uno, and she is constantly screaming "ma, dai!!!" (come on, really!!!) and I bust into laughter every time. (That is a phrase we use at the Montagnoli home.)  The Rossis are her grandparents, and we walked in and little Elodine said for us to close our eyes, because she had a surprise for us. There was a bag full of easter chocolate and bunny eggs and a little egg w/ toy inside it too. She was so proud of herself, cuz she picked it out. Then another old (kinda crazy) super sweet lady bought us the really large eggs, and wow were they big. We have just barely finished the first one. 



It is kind of crazy. It was like Christmas opening up all of our eggs. Everyone got one. It was so fun to see everyone's reaction to the surprises inside. (Rather than Easter baskets, Italians give all sizes of wrapped chocolate eggs with toys inside). By the end of the day, I was so full I felt like I was going to explode. Yes daddy, it hurt. I vowed never ever ever to eat again...then a few hours later I was into the chocolate again. Hahaha...Yeah, lets just say that yesterday and Monday riding my bike wasn't as easy as it was on Saturday. I hid the chocolate today when we were cleaning. Both me and Sister Bush can't take it anymore or we will bust out of our tights! 



So as for other events of this week...not much. Sister Bush got really sick, and we have been in for four days and the rest have been half days. On the plus side, I have finally gotten some sleep! YAY! Hahaha and lots of studying in too. But dad, you would be glad to hear this...Sister Bush says that my biggest strength is that I am brave and not afraid to speak the language and make mistakes. That kind of made my day. I have been really trying to not chicken out, and I am speaking up. Even though every sentence takes me three minutes and four mistakes, i still speak. 

Well my lovely family our time is up! Last pday we went to San Marino with the Jeffries (our wonderful Senior Missionary Couple. Very cool...I sent a picture. The other pictures are of pasqua and a few of the MTC. I love you all and you are in my prayers. 
                                     
Grandmother, i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy that you are getting on your feet. That is an answer to prayer. I am so relieved. Glad to hear grandpa is still his funny old self. I am happy and doing well. All my love! 

--
Sister Francesca Montagnoli

MTC photos

  Elder Ruff (our neighbor) w/Sorella Montagnoli

 
MTC District

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.