Thursday, April 25, 2013

Weekly miracles


First...I am safe and we had a beautiful week. Transfers are Monday and there is a possibility that we might have changes. Cross your fingers that we can stay here! I love it and don’t want to leave!

I will share a quick miracle with you. I am senior comp this week as part of my training. Therefore, I was sick of walking around Centro doing finding and getting no where so I put on my big girl pants and made phone calls. We have had lessons every day filling each day this week. Miracles happened. It was beautiful. We went to this man named Frank. He is from Nigeria and didn’t speak Italian so our lesson was in English. I wasn’t sure how this would all pan out, but we went regardless. We got there and there was so much noise! LOUD and TV children running and I was a bit nervous. I was praying my guts out. We asked to turn off the TV and their little girl threw a fit. Another girl in her 20s came out and took her. We began with a prayer and a miracle happened. Throughout the lesson...we began to get an audience. Everyone started listening in and by the time we got to the first vision the house was silent. The 20 year old was perched up on the stairs with her own copy of the Book of Mormon the children were quiet and the mother joined it. It was a true transformation. Frank had said...I don’t know how I feel about this because we were told we could only have one bible. We bore testimony and talked about the power and sense that was in the Book of Mormon. By the time we were through he asked for another copy and wanted to read. The whole family said they would. He said he was so happy when before he felt stressed and worried about a billion different things. But he felt calm and peaceful.

I left feeling so blessed to be a missionary. The miracles we see are countless. I love this so much. Nothing can compare. 

Lucia I did get to see your pictures. Haven’t been able to read the emails. We are printing them off and reading them later. I love you all and hope all is well. 

Love

Sorella Francesca Montagnoli



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.