Well....craziness has happened in Forli. Transfers are up, and we are receiving a new sister and becoming a TRIO! We will see how it goes...I have heard amazing and not so amazing things about trios. I'm sure ours will be great! President called, and we are to love the death out of this sister missionary. She needs it. I am so excited! That is one thing I am good at - loving people. Plus I can do it in English...even better - haha.
Little Miss Lu Lu, I am so proud of you for all that you did for those girls this week.
Brings back memories of our "Pretty Sister" Event in Rome for Francesca's 17th Birthday.
It seems like yesterday; now Francesca is 20 and a missionary in Italy! Amazing.
Lucia, you truly are a leader. I am so excited for what your future holds. You bless the lives of all with whom you come in contact. Those girls are so blessed to have someone who cares so much - to put so much effort into making them feel loved. They need it. They need you.
Sarah Sue (about turning in her mission papers) - don't worry your pretty little head off, I am crying and screaming over here! I am so excited for you and your mission!
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for the packages! Oh mamma mia it was perfect! I was like a child on Christmas - so excited to receive the conference Ensign, the plan of salvation puzzle, the album, and the laffy taffies. All tooooooo good to be true. Thank you. Lucia, I loved your part - it made my day!
Well miracles are happening here still! 1) Our district set a new record two weeks in a row for most lessons taught in our mission. Kinda cool. 2) We met up with Gloria and her family. It was a beautiful experience. We went in and got to know each other, then got into what the anziani had taught. She basically repeated what the text message said (from last week's letter). I bore testimony that what Anziano D'dabbo had taught was true. Then we began to read 2nd Nephi 31 together. After we asked her what Christ asks of us. She answered, "to be baptized, like him". Sorella Bennett extended baptism, and she accepted for July 13. She said that this was what she wanted, to follow Jesus Christ, the way he was baptized. I felt God's love for her so strongly. I began to get choked up as I tried to explain God's love for her and how pleased he was of her decision. The spirit was incredible.
Another cool story of our new investigator Elio. We stopped by his house yesterday, just to see if we could make contact with him in person for the day. He came out and we got to talking and then it turned into a lesson on obedience. We sat out on the patio and read Mosiah 2:41 - that says we are happiest when we live the commandments. He totally agreed and was so open to everything we had to say. We taught him how prayer and scripture study daily was a commandment. We extended that to him, and he paused for a moment. He said, I need to do that more often. Yes, I want to do it! Then we invited him to say the closing prayer. He said, how about next time, i am a little shy. I assured him that we loved him and were not there to judge him. After some encouragement he said a beautiful prayer. When we said amen, there was a silence. It was a beautiful silence and we could tell he was feeling the spirit. A light was in his eyes, an illumination in his complexion. He is so ready. Next lesson we are extending bapitsm.
I am so blessed to be among such powerful, wonderful people. There is so much power in the Book of Mormon. I took it for granted before. My life would be empty without having it. I had a moment the other day when i was like - "Wow, I am living in Italy. Wow, I am speaking Italian. Wow, I am here with Sister Bennett. Wow, my life is speaking about the gospel. How lucky is that? Wow, I am a missionary." There is nothing more beautiful. I love it.
I love you all; you are in my prayers.
Sister Francesca Montagnoli


.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.