5 June 2013
Ciao tutti -
I am healed - well kind of...We went to the hospital today, and they cut off that stinky nasty thing they call a cast, and I couldnt be happier! I still have a little fracture in my finger, but they cannot do anything about it, they say. Still hurts and is stiff, but I can at least type now. Except, that kinda hurts too...haha oh well. Push through the pain! Sempre avanti - giusto? (always forward, right?) They also said I would probably get arthritis sooner in that finger, but whatever. I will deal with that later. Now all that matters is I can play piano again for our ward, ride my bike, and write in my planner and journal again! YES!
Sounds like you all are playing too hard at home without me! That barbecue (w/the Heatons) sounded amazing. Haven't had a bbq for ever. Yummmy! I love how our families are hanging out without those who brought them together. Beautiful says I :) Stake conference...Wow must have been somthing else. I am excited to come home and experience it again in our stake. I love the spirit and how strong it can work with us if we are open to it.
Well today was quite the surprise. I didn't realize that President Conforte (mom and dad's Italian Mission President) was coming. I almost started crying when I saw him get off the train! I ran to him in a big embrace. It was beautiful to see him. Also, woah I could understand and speak to him! What is this!?! Haha it was so fun to speak with someone who has been so prominent in my life - who I have actually never had a real conversation with. He is amazing. He actually sealed the Reavue family. Cool...and he knows the Rossis.
We talked and he told me a lot about my parents as missionaries. He said before you two showed up the mission was suffering and in a lull.. Then first my dad and later my mom showed up, and it was then that the mission started changing. And then bapitsms sored and lives were changed. Thank you mom and dad.
He also gave me the challenge to do an Italian marathon (no speaking English) with Sister Bennett...haha coming from mom and now Presdient Conforte, I guess it is about time I did it. He said it was after mom did her Italian marathon that he saw such an amazing change in her language ability. Facciamo qui in forli questa settimana! Spero che sia una cambia anche qui. (We'll do that here this week in Forli! I hope we'll also see a change here.)
After was my appointment at the hospital, so we had to leave - but I just broke in tears. He whispered in my ear "I love you Francesca. You are a great missionary!"- and then he left. Tears came. I had kind of forgotten my first name, and when you are called by your name it is much more personal, and my heart was touched. I felt his love, the love of my amazing family at home and the love from my Heavenly Father. He reminded me of the sacred trust He has in me. I definitely needed that boost.
Well...Forli is 100% up at running speed, and we are seeing miracles like crazy this week! Week five is capo week for the trainees. A.k.a. they take senior companion, and Sister Bennett is doing great. She under estimates herself, but she is fantastic. We have had some wonderful growing, bonding, tearful experiences together. I love her, and we I am sure will be eternal friends after our experiences here.
Miracle uno...we got four new investigators in one day! The biggest miracle was with a woman named Gogcerna...lei viene da Romania (from Romania). She was sitting in the park, and we decided to go talk to her. She is so elect. She believes so much in light, hope and had perfect questions. "How are there so many churches that all say they are right? There is so much change in the world...where is the anchor?" Well my friends, we have an answer...it is called THE RESTORED GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST! So, we will begin teaching her.
Poi, a man named Elio di Silvio. We were sitting at the church and were stood up. We were going to go to Laura e Albertos, but as we were biking I stopped and had a thought...we need to go to Elio di Silvios right now. Va bene! Siamo andate (We went)! He was being taught by the Anziani (Elders) and we hadn't been able to get in contact with him. He had not answered our calls, and so Sister Bush and I had held off. We passed by his house and niente (nothing). His name wasn't on the citoffono either. We got there and Sorella Bennett had the thought...maybe the apartment around the corner is his. There it was! He lived in the back of the complex! We rang the bell, and he came out, we taught him, and wow is he ready for baptism. He bore his testimony of faith, the plan of salvation and how he is working on gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon. So we are meeting with him too later this week! He is amazing, and I am so excited to see where this leads.
Poi, today we had a huge miracle. A woman named Gloria. She was also being taught be the last Elders here, then disappeared off the planet. We had seen her number in the phone, and every night we send out texts with a spiritual thought to our investigators and meno attivi (less actives). Sister Bush and I had no luck with her, but two weeks ago Sister Bennett and I decided to start sending her spiritual texts. We recieved a text today and she said this...mom dad can translate. "Buon Giorno!!! SonoGloria!!! Intanto volevo ringraziarvi tantissimo, dei bellissimi pensieri! In questo periodo mi sono stati molto di conforto. E poi volevo dirvi, che finalmente il nostro padre celeste, mi ha illuminato e cambiato la vita!!! Ho finalmente avuto la risposta!! Seth d'Ababbo mi aveva detto che la mia vita sarebbe cambiata!! Che il Signore aveva in serbo per me dei progetti che mi avrebbero cambiato la vita!!! Aveva ragione!!! Ora so piu che mai che il Signore ci ascolta!!!!! Quindi ora sto benissimo!!! Se vogliamo vederci saro lieta di conocervi!!! Se a voi va bene anche oggi pomeriggio! Un abbraccio e ancora grazie di cuore" "Good morning!!! This is Gloria!!! First of all, I wanted to thank you so much for your beautiful thoughts! At this particular time, they have been so comforting. I also wanted to tell you that I have felt enlightened by our Heavenly Father and it has changed my life. I have finally received the answers to my prayers!! Seth d'Ababbo had told me that my life would be changed and that the Lord had plans for me which would change my life. He was right!!! Now I know more than ever that the Lord hears us!!! So, I am doing fantastic!!! I would be so happy to see you and get to know you!!! If it is good for you, this afternoon would be great! Hugs to you - and thank you from my heart"
Um....how amazing is that! Yes it is fantastic! To ALL...He does listen. He does answer. He does protect. He loves us unconditionally. Miracles happen today. No doubt in my body of that one.
Sorella MontagnoliI love you all! You are in my prayers. I will open the package when I get home...I am sure it is amazing. Vi voglio un saco di bene!
* When Cliff and I were in Italy last week, we left a package for President Conforte to personally deliver to Francesca. He is truly a man of God and always offered us so much love and strength as missionaries. He did that again for us last week in Italy, as he helped us find our Italian ancestors. Then this week, there he was again - offering love and strength to our little missionary. What a blessing to have eternal friends!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.