Ciao Tutti!
I have to say it is very, very odd to know that you two (mom and dad) are so close to me this week. Hey - in the MTC, we were even closer though! I told Laura (our investigator) where you were, and she almost got in her car to go see you. She loves Rome, and her mom lives there.
Insert here from mom....
Insert here from mom....
I went with Cliff on a work trip to Paris, then we took a few vacation/genealogy days in Rome & Pescara.
With the help of our incredible former Mission President, Vincenzo/Carolina Conforte, an angel member from
Ascoli Piceno (Rosalba Teodossi), & I'm sure many heavenly angels, we found so many of
We visited our favorite sites & favorite people - except for our little missionary in Forli, which almost killed me!
We loved seeing the progress of the Rome temple! To the right of the temple is the Stake Ctr. To the left is the Visitor's Center, which will have the Christus & statues of the 12 Apostles. Not pictured is the hostel, which is almost complete.
We loved attending our old ward in Rome, but can't wait to see the finished Stake Ctr, pictured above!
So fun to see Carolina (Guidara), Claudio (Celestini) & families, who spoiled us w/love & amazing food!
From the shopping center across the street, you can see the temple grounds.
Back to our little missionary in Forli...
President called me Friday, asking how I was, and I really was feeling better that day. SUNDAY WAS THE real turning point. I had gotten bronchitis, and so it took me a while to heal from my crash, but I am up and running and counting down the days to when I get this yucky cast off!!!
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA you
found our family in Italy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy! They have been waiting
so long. Wow, what a miracle!!! I am so excited for them. That seriously was a
miracle! I will die if we are related to the Rossi family! No wonder I love
them so much!!!! I am going to their shop subito dopo (right after) to ask them
if they have ancestors from Arquata del Tronto.
Speaking of Rome and the temple
grounds, I am so jealous you got to go "home" for a bit. I cannot
wait to go back and actually be able to speak well to those people I love so
much.
The Rossi's just got back from
church meetings in Milano with all the head honchos here in Italy - with some
sad but kind of great news for me. It's looking like the Rome temple won't be
finished until January of 2015. The statues of the apostles and the Christus
are taking longer than planned, and they want it all done together. For me,
this is great news, because I am off track in January and can come back for the
temple dedication. For the saints here, it is sad, because they still have to
go up to Switzerland for almost another two years :(.
Dad you pretty much nailed
it...these last weeks have been a lot like the experience in the doctor’s office
(when she was little and so brave getting her shots). I have held on though; putting on a brave,
strong face is my only choice. It's been like that quote, "You never know
how strong you are, until being strong is the only option you have left."
I am okay now though. I am no longer feeling so weak, and I can walk fine now too. Si, I definitely have felt Heavenly Father helping me and holding my hand - cradling my infected leg and broken hand. He has definitely got me covered. Although, a tangible daddy hug would have been great. It is so weird how close you two were to me this week! AH! Two hours away!
I am okay now though. I am no longer feeling so weak, and I can walk fine now too. Si, I definitely have felt Heavenly Father helping me and holding my hand - cradling my infected leg and broken hand. He has definitely got me covered. Although, a tangible daddy hug would have been great. It is so weird how close you two were to me this week! AH! Two hours away!
This week on Sunday, I taught
Relief Society and gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting. Normally, I also would
have played the piano, but we all know that isn't possible. My talk was about
forever missionary work and that no effort is wasted. I spoke alot about my
amazing parents, who even though their name tags came off, they continue to be
eternal missionaries. You have just confirmed my point dad, with your last letter
about your missionary experience in Paris. I hope your Muslim friend can pursue
the gospel. I love hearing those experiences!
This week was much better than last
week. I think we finally found a family to teach!!!! Our internet got shut
down, so I don't have much time - but we saw several miracles this week. We
made some great new friends too. The Jefferies (the senior couple) are in
Arizona for their son's wedding, so it is really weird without them.
Cool story for the week. Agnese, Laura's daughter, was in school one day and she totally defended us. They were saying that LDS people aren't Christian and they do not believe in Christ. That lit a flame under her bush, and she went off saying that we were her friends and that we are good people - that we are Christian and believe in Christ. She goes to a Catholic school, and they just scoffed. She held her ground though; I love that girl.
Cool story for the week. Agnese, Laura's daughter, was in school one day and she totally defended us. They were saying that LDS people aren't Christian and they do not believe in Christ. That lit a flame under her bush, and she went off saying that we were her friends and that we are good people - that we are Christian and believe in Christ. She goes to a Catholic school, and they just scoffed. She held her ground though; I love that girl.
Woah - hold on a second...Lucia you
so cannot be a senior next year!!!! AHHHH!!!! So weird. The world was supposed to
stop in Utah when I left....what is this?! Ugh I gotta go...next week I
get my cast off, so I can actually type and share decent stories. You all are
amazing and I love you! I definitely can feel the prayers coming my way.
All my love,
Sister Francesca Montagnoli

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.