BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!! OH I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! for letting me come home with my group, before we go back to Italy on vacation! I cannot express how happy I am. Mom's note - wow, if we had known how strongly she "really felt", we would have never considered picking her up from her mission! Good thing we changed plans! She'll come home August 8th with her group, then turn around and go back to tour us through "her Italy". She's used to being tired, right? :)Second reason I am the happiest ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucia at the Awards Ceremony
I have the best sister ever who is awesome and the most wonderful who won state sterling scholar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! I am totally bragging about you to everyone here, just so you know! I am celebrating here, for you! Girl you are beyond amazing. You outshine even the brightest star!
Here's a little health update. I still haven't been able to get into the doctor to read my blood test. I was talking to a friend, and she was saying that I probably do not have any type of infection; I am just tired and fatigued from all of our work and stress. Haha, sound familiar Kaden? I promised my "nonna" (grandmother) here that I would go and take care of myself this week. Haha....she is so sweet. I just love her. She had a birthday party for me Sunday evening with my African buddies here :) Alex, Kelly and Silvester! I love my life!
![]() |
| A Great Team! |
Speaking of my birthday, it was so beyond amazing! In the morning we went to visit a meno attiva (less active) member who has health challenges. She is so sweet and just loved on me. We are her only friends. Then we went to visit our meno attiva Ester and her mom Bonaria, who is a member. They literally are the best people ever. I love them beyond what words can say. They are truly like family here. When Ester said the closing prayer, she thanked Heavenly Father for sending us to her, saying we are their family. We had lunch and they made me Tiramisu and sang to me in English. We were celebrating Ester's birthday too! Her's was the 10th.
![]() |
| Sorella Montagnoli w/Ester & Bonaria |
We spoke about God's perfect plan of salvation. It was a moment to remember. Our message was that no matter how far away we go from God, or if we think we cannot possibly come back, Heavenly Father still loves us. The atonement of Christ and His grace is sufficient to wipe all of that way. We just have to do our part. The spirit just filled the room, testifying that healing is possible, and that we are all priceless daughters in God's eyes.
I have no greater joy than telling people of their infinite worth. I always get a knot in my throat as Heavenly Father lets me feel a little bit of His love for his children. Ester is in this healing process, and I know that we have been placed here to help her. She normally does not let the missionaries in; she makes an excuse or something, but she told us that we were special. A couple weeks ago she told us that if she got married, we had to come. I promised, and somehow I will keep that promise. To be in the celestial room of the temple with her would be worth any worldly sacrifice it would take to get there. I am always amazed at how blessed I am to have people placed in my life to teach me, as I teach them.
So sad news with Paula; she got a job, and she now works every day of the week. She lives there with her co-workers. She starts at 10 am and goes until 1 in the morning! Well, she gets one day off that she can choose, with a catch; it has to be Monday through Friday. Aka she has to work Sunday and Saturday. We are just praying so hard that her boss will soften his heart and let her attend church, which is right close to her work. It's just a few hours Sunday morning! No one even eats sushi at 10 am! Please pray for her. She wants to be baptized and is reading the Book of Mormon! I am just praying for a miracle with her.
This week I was on scambi (exchanges)with our sisters in Verona and was pondering on how important it is to maintain balance as a missionary. I never thought this would be hard… to maintain the divinity of your call as a missionary, yet stay in touch with who you are as a person - your personality, characteristics, etc. When Sister Stephens and I were put together, we both felt we needed to work on that. We have tried to be ourselves, as we specifically remember why we are here as missionaries, maintain our motivation, and love every moment. It has been a process.
Francesca Z. thanked us last week for being who we are, because with us she feels the spirit of God. She truly loves our Heavenly Father and the Savior, she loves our meetings and loves us as people. On our scambio we were discussing this. We were talking about how when we try to be like other missionaries, we sometime loose the focus of whose name is on our tag - Jesus Christ. We bare his name and are uniquely called to share His gospel, with our own strengths and personalities.
![]() |
| Venice - after "scambi" - exchanges |
I love you all! You're in my prayers and thoughts. Lucia and Sarah, I don't think I have ever prayed so hard for you in my life. Lu, I'm so happy things went so well for you! Sarah, I hope you are feeling better and your tests are figuring things out!
Alla prossima settimana! (until next week)
Love,
Sorella Montagnoli





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.