Hello all!You had asked about Laura. We still see her every week. We taught her the restoration, and she was really impressed with it; it made sense. She understands the logic in it all. She even asked, "So, we are NOT in a state of apostasy?" I said no, and she just laughed and said ,"Weird!" haha. Our lessons are fun.
We haven't been able to see Ester; :( hopefully this week, possibly tomorrow! Paula - we're working on getting her work schedule moved around, and after that she can get baptized!
![]() |
| Sorella Stephens, Caroline, Honor (Caroline's Daughter), Sorella Montagnoli |
Yes mom, Sister Stephens is the best, and we will be forever friends. We are freaking out a little, because we get transfer calls on Sunday. We are praying that it is still right for us to be here together for one more. We've both been here for three transfers. Well me 2 1/2, but still. Every time we think about transfers, we both just feel sick because we don't want them to happen! It was so fun though; she said how happy she was that you changed plans and that I am now flying home with our group, so we can be together. There will be 6 sisters and maybe 2 elders flying into Salt Lake.
Sadly mom, we don't get to see the Women's Broadcast. The only General Conference we get to see are the Saturday sessions and the Sunday morning. No others. If you could send me the Ensign with the conference talks, I'd be eternally grateful! Please kiss that baby for me! (Oaklee - Michelle & Joe's 5 month old) I love showing her picture off to people. Yes, I am that crazy Aunt. How did time just slip through my fingers? How is it Lucia is on choir tour and not me! BAH!
(Answers to Dad's questions last week.) Don't worry Dad, I got the recipe for the tiramisu (using orzo, instead of coffee) and I fully intend on making it. It was SOOO yummy! Yes, we do work a lot with meno attivi (less active members of the church). We are still doing a lot of finding and preparing here - building for sure. It's a SLOW process though....salvation is just that way.
Dad you are beyond right. The worst thing to do is to compare yourself to another missionary. In the MTC, Fratello Cena said to only compare ourselves to Christ. How true that is! Sister Stephens and I just laugh at each other. We are so focused on our sisters and helping them, worrying about them, and living up to President's expectations. We care for our members and our wonderful people we are teaching here, and we forget about ourselves. We get to a point when we are like, "CRASHING - red light flashing! Where are OUR sister training leaders!" Sunday we had to just take a day and get ourselves back in working order. Physically, mentally and spiritually. It was a hard week for both of us; we seem to be doing better now though. :) Haha, I honestly just laugh, and I cannot help but wonder what my mission is preparing me for. EXPERIENCES, EXPERIENCES, EXPERIENCES are what make us grow and learn to rely on the Lord. I loved hearing about Valeria's journey with that!
We did two scambi (exchanges) this week with sisters in Pordenone and Verona. I felt really bad because Sister Pace (Anziano pace's little sister from Rome) was with me here in Mestre. It was a VERY stressful day.
![]() |
| Sorella Montagnoli w/Caroline's daughter Honor |
Poor Caroline had another mishap yesterday, but it all ended well. We even had a member waiting with us, but he was so kind and happily waited. She bore her beautiful testimony to us and expressed her excitement for her upcoming baptism. It was then when she told us that she felt like she found her family here. Our member, Alex, also expressed love and told her, "We love that you are here with us. We want you here." It was so great to see a member reaching out to her. He actually was the one who helped facilitate her taking the missionary lessons again. Now she is getting baptized! Oh how I love this work! Totally worth the stress.
Thank you. Ya'll are all so wonderful!!!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! You're in my prayers!
Love,
Sorella Montagnoli
Parent's note. Although Francesca doesn't mention it, she must have had a zone conference, since she sent a picture of her zone.
Venice district March 2014




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.