Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Honor, Humility & Joy of Being a Missionary!

Yesterday was so beautiful. Honestly, it was one of the most amazing lessons I've taught on my mission. We went over to our dear friend's home and had a wonderful lesson. 


It was such a beautiful, spiritual, calm experience with something as simple as prayer. I can't articulate how special that was for me to witness. It made me realize what missionary work really is. It is more than running around trying to get phone numbers, teaching lessons, and wearing an official name tag. It's the process of bringing people home - reuniting them with their Father in Heaven, who's been aching to have them come back and realize that He loves them. How special that is to be an instrument.

This week we've had several lessons where I've felt like Heavenly Father is really using me as a tool to help His children. Oh words don't adequately express how I feel right now - the honor, humility, and joy. Sister Stephens and I were saying that this is the happiest we've ever been in our missions thus far. The joy that comes from having true charity for someone, really loving them and living, breathing, working for them - so they can be happy for eternity, is something that no material thing can supplement  The thing that has changed is, I am really trying to be me. Alicia Francesca Montagnoli, the daughter of God who is finding her sisters and brothers; more than just a factory missionary.  I don't know if any of that made sense, but these last few days have been so sacred. I have loved every second, and I am so happy. 

Every missionary who reads this email: Sarah, Harrison, Stafford, Emma, Kaden, Andrew, Tevin, Nick -  I plead with you to take down the missionary guard. Be yourself and let your heart connect wth those people, love them on a level as close to a Godly love as you can. We are sent out to save one person at a time. We are not asked to all get in a swimming pool in white and be an ordinance factory. We are called to love. This labor of love is what we are supposed to be doing. Please don't let the numbers, expectations and stresses of our day to day routines get in the way. I promise as we listen, obey, value our time, and express our affection to these people, and teach them with that attitude in mind, we will help people become lasting converts. 
Sarah (Sister Barrus)

Sarah & Lucia at the airport
Sarah….are you okay?  I wish I could give you the world's biggest Checa hug and just cry with you.  I hope the doctors can soon help you feel better and be out of pain!  Oh my heart just hurts for all those missionaries who are going home for medical…We had a few go home too, and man, my heart aches for them. Everyone will be in my prayers this week.  Lucia you're most definitely in my prayers for your state sterling scholar! I bet you'll be amazing!   

Update on my health….because of being so overly tired, I went to the doctor…which was pointless; he gave me the equivalent of red bull in a packet and told me to drink it, and then sent me for a blood test. I called our mission nurse, and she doesn't want me drinking any of the stuff he gave me, cuz it's just filled with caffeine. I just got my blood test done, which was also unprofessional and made both Sister Stephens and me laugh. She pulled the needle out of me, and there was just blood dripping all over the counter from the syringe, then she put it in a vile. I just laughed; I am so not in the United States. No gloves either. Haha. But we'll have the results by next Tuesday, and then I'll head back to the doctor to see what he says. 

I love you all. This work is beyond what anyone can imagine. Your prayers are strengthening me each day. Thank you.

Love, 

Sorella Montagnoli


alicia.montagnoli@mylds.mail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.