Sunday, April 27, 2014

Easter Eggs & Love for MY PEOPLE IN ITALY!

Letter Written April 16th

Thanks for the Easter packages!  We had so much fun with Francesca and her girls doing our tradition of blowing out, then coloring the eggs.  The eggs are brown here, so I wasn't sure if they would turn out, but they did!  While dying the eggs, Sorella Gillette leans over and says, "I haven't done this since I was a child. Do you really do this every year?!!" I laughed and said "YOU BET!" I guess I'll never grow up :) 


Well, this week has really flown by!  It has been interesting being companions again with Sorella Gilette after all this time.  (They were MTC comps.)  We have both evolved into very similar missionaries (The Preach My Gospel Program will do that to you) but we still are us. I think that brought a lot of peace to my heart, that we are still the same people, but Heavenly Father is shaping us spiritually. I love it though; we are working together and seeing lots of miracles. 

Last week we taught a lot of meno attivi (less active) lessons together, and she fell in love with my people. Well, our people now. That is a big thing we have in common :) Love. I was so relieved when she just loved these people instantly.

At church I had a beautiful experience that I wanted to share. I was sitting in Gospel Doctrine (we were all together to talk about the atonement) and I took a glance around the room. As I did, I felt like I was at home with my family. You know your extended family so well (well we do); we know the flaws, the good and bad qualities,  and also how fabulous they are. When we come together, we play, laugh, giggle, get on each other's nerves and still have a blast. In the end there is a deep love; that love that pushes you to your limits. The love that would cause you to drive cross country and do anything for them. That is the love that settled into my heart on Sunday - looking at all of my family here in Mestre. I have left my heart in so many places: AMERICAN FORK, ROME, MESTRE, FORLI, REGGIO, BARI… and I am sure more. I love missionary life. I believe every single person should aspire to go on a mission, unless directly told no by Heavenly Father.  That's my take on it!  :)

A miracle to share: We were at the train station looking at train times to do our scambi (exchange) this week. A woman comes up to us and asks us for a euro. I looked into her eyes, and just felt like I saw my sister. She wasn't a gipsy or a creepy woman at all. She just arrived 3 months ago from Spain with her daughter to look for work, while her husband worked in Spain. I usually have some crackers in my bag to give to those who really need it. I began searching my bag, and I found nothing. I told her I had nothing, but could offer some spiritual food that would last her much longer. We began to teach her, and a little flicker of hope shined into her eyes. She has such great faith in her Savior, and it touched my heart. She became a new investigator. These little miracles each day that wouldn't mean much to others are like precious gold to me. 

I love you all! :) Thank you for the prayers and support. I am the most blessed missionary in all of Italy :) 

Love, 

Sorella Montagnoli


alicia.montagnoli@myldsmail.net

sorellamontagnoli.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.