Sunday, April 13, 2014

Surprises & Happy Reconnections!

You got to see the Wolfgramms (Her 1st Mission President and his wife)!!!! I am beyond thrilled! They literally are so amazing! I cannot even express how much I love them. I got super close to them my 2nd and 3rd transfers. I cannot believe you saw them! Thank you for thanking them mom! They are so fabulous.  I was just so blessed to be part of their team effort. Oh how I love them! 

Surprised by the package dad left at her door!
Dad, you little sneaker!!!!!!! hahahahaha!!!!!!! Yes, I did get the card in my mailbox! :) Sorella Polli (the member Cliff gave the package to) came up to me and just was beyond joyful! She was all smiles and just hugged me so tight and didn't let go. She walked in with the box, and I instantly knew it was from you and, I was not even a little surprised! haha! The surprise was the one at my house! You found me! haha! That one was fabulous. Sister Gillette just rolled her eyes and said I was spoiled; I just laughed and said…I like to think of it as blessed! 

That started up a conversation about post mission life, parents and people we want to be. I bragged about my parents and how amazing they are. She was like, I want to be your parents! I want that life. I then led into your stories, how you both came from hard situations and together built the life you always dreamed of. She then asked, is there anything you don't like about your parents or your family? Anything you would change? I sat for a second and couldn't come up with anything. It was so wonderful to simply say, "No." I really do feel so blessed. I don't know what I did to deserve the family that I have, to live the life that I live, and to have the testimony I do, but I will spend the rest of my life serving the Lord to thank him. 

Transfer week was a little rough, my heart ached, and I felt emotionally exhausted. Sister Gillette quickly pulled me out of that! She actually has come at a perfect time and has been a blessing to me. She is full of energy and is a fabulous, concentrated missionary. She is quite the goof and brought a bunch of really fun up beat church (appropriate) music! After we planned, she sent me to our room to get ready for bed and said, "Hold on, I have the perfect medicine!" and sent me away. I come in, and her church music is blasting, and we have a "missionary-style dance party"! I felt like Lucia jumped into my life, and I was dancing in the kitchen again! I felt like I could breathe and laugh. It was so interesting! Doing something I just loved so much was what I needed.  She is bringing out the other side of me again…good stuff! 

Conference was fabulous! I spent most of it entertaining Honor so Caroline could listen, but it was still beautiful. When they left, and I really got to listen, was when I think my spirit really connected.  For the first time as a missionary, I felt like conference was more for me than my investigators. Especially Anziano Bednar's talk.  It seemed like one of those moments that Heavenly Father's apostle was speaking to Sorella Montagnoli, and everyone else in the world just got to listen in on it. Perfect. I loved that and felt God's love for me, and that He is paying attention to my needs. 

Sis. Russell & Sis. Stephens - her former companions
In the BLUE is Sister Bennett :)
This week has been soooo long!!!!!!!!!! For the first time in my mission, I was able to go to transfer circles! AH! Best thing was that every single one of my "living" (still on the mission) companions was there! How crazy is that!?! And yes, guess who?? SORELLA BENNETT!  I literally haven't seen here since I left Forli, and man my little baby is all grown up! (When you train a missionary, she is often referred to as a baby - in mission lingo.)  She is so great and a SISTER TRAINING LEADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is fabulous! When I saw her, I literally ran across the station through crowds, and we collided, cuz she was running too! We both had a few tears! It was so wonderful!  

I feel like it will be like that coming home too - getting Lucia in my arms again. Sarah and Michelle too! BAH! Also I got to have a sleep over with Marianne (Acerson - a very close family friend) which was fabulous! She was also called as a Sister Training Leader! For the first time since they've had them….they are releasing STLS! We have enough now that we can release, so I think this will be my last one…this is transfer 4 as an STL so…we will see. 

With Sister Acerson :) & others who were in the MTC together
I was in Milano for two days…we had to go to Consiglio (Mission Counsel) and it was so weird - because all of my leaders, those awesome old missionaries who I have looked up to - are gone. I was the oldest one in there of the sisters, as in been on the Consiglio the longest. Half of the Consiglio was new! It was very strange, especially being there without Sister Stephens.
Sister Training Leaders (STLS) with the Dibbs
With Elder Cardullo, another family friend! (My mission companion's son!)
By the time we got home it was 9:50 pm Friday night, and my body just ached after carrying suitcases, lack of sleep and getting sick. We just passed out. We have yet to have a normal day here since Sorella Gillette got here. It has been crazy. Good but crazy. 

My favorite little elder who reminds me proprio (exactly) of Nick (her cousin) went home early today for medical purposes, so we spent the morning at the station with them. That was heart wrenching too. He is fabulous. Love that kid. 
Now hopefully things will slow down, and we can get back to our "normal" crazy lives. Things are well though. I still am not very good at change, but my recovery time is a lot better! 
Thank you all for the prayers and support. I love you! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Just a few more weeks and we get to Skype again (for Mother's day)! I just got the package with the mission cards! HAHAH I love it! Everything is perfect! I also just got Sarah's letter she sent in January! SORRY! I will be responding! Thank you grandmother for the Doterra! PERFECT! I WILL BE USING IT - YOU SAVED ME!!! 

All my love and prayers, 


Sorella Montagnoli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.