![]() |
| Exchanges in Trieste! |
Being the oldest sisters in the mission at this point, everyone makes us very well aware as to how much time we have left. I just laugh and tell them all they are right behind me! We just let those comments roll off our shoulders and ignore them; we are working full steam ahead! We've turned our theme for these last three months of our missions into "you've got 4 minutes!" - from that wonderful talk in conference. Now we're at "3 minutes" because we only have three months left.
It has been beautiful. We are trying to be the best missionaries we've ever been. We are talking to literally everyone in our path. That is sometimes hard, especially on buses; I REALLY don't like buses. We're pushing ourselves… more than I've pushed myself on my mission. I think reality has hit that this marvelous experience does end, and I am on a clock…so we're just working. Sister Gillette and I have had some pretty deep conversations, and we are becoming such close friends. I love her! :) This city has been rough for her to adjust to, but we're working it together.
This week my testimony has been strengthened about how we flat out CANNOT judge. Not even a little bit. Example one….I was on scambio (companion exchange) in Verona this week. I was in happy heaven. This is my third time in Verona, and it was different this time. It was dumping buckets of rain, we were riding around on bikes, sopping wet, and I didn't have any kind of a real coat, because it wasn't raining when we left. We got bidoned (stood up) for most of our appointments, and I just laughed. I was having flash backs of Reggio, and it was wonderful!
I was with a new missionary too, so we just had fun singing in the rain on our bikes and looking for someone who'd like to learn the gospel from two very wet missionaries. We went underneath an overpass, and as we were leaning against the wall, we left our body marks. (I decided to put my feet up on the wall with it too. I'll see if I can get the picture of it.) Then this homely looking man, with two obnoxious little dogs came by. He looked sad to me, but I wasn't really in the mood to talk to him. I pre-judged him, thinking he'd be very unwilling to listen to us. My stand-in comp was about to ride away, when I asked her to come over with me. We approached him, and he instantly wasn't interested. "Mon mi interessa." (I'm not interested.) Oh, how I had that phrase memorized after week two on my mission! haha
I've been trying to ask for referrals from everyone, so I asked if he knew anyone who had recently had a death or a birth in the family. He scoffed and said, "Death. My father is about to die. I know about death." I spoke a little about God's plan, but then I asked if we could pray with him, and pray for his family who were suffering at that moment. He agreed, and after I closed the prayer, a smile came over his face, and he thanked me. The spirit was so strong at that moment. It really was beautiful; we left him with a pamphlet and a "thank you". This man, who I thought was just hard and wouldn't listen, really needed us in that moment.
I was with a new missionary too, so we just had fun singing in the rain on our bikes and looking for someone who'd like to learn the gospel from two very wet missionaries. We went underneath an overpass, and as we were leaning against the wall, we left our body marks. (I decided to put my feet up on the wall with it too. I'll see if I can get the picture of it.) Then this homely looking man, with two obnoxious little dogs came by. He looked sad to me, but I wasn't really in the mood to talk to him. I pre-judged him, thinking he'd be very unwilling to listen to us. My stand-in comp was about to ride away, when I asked her to come over with me. We approached him, and he instantly wasn't interested. "Mon mi interessa." (I'm not interested.) Oh, how I had that phrase memorized after week two on my mission! haha
I've been trying to ask for referrals from everyone, so I asked if he knew anyone who had recently had a death or a birth in the family. He scoffed and said, "Death. My father is about to die. I know about death." I spoke a little about God's plan, but then I asked if we could pray with him, and pray for his family who were suffering at that moment. He agreed, and after I closed the prayer, a smile came over his face, and he thanked me. The spirit was so strong at that moment. It really was beautiful; we left him with a pamphlet and a "thank you". This man, who I thought was just hard and wouldn't listen, really needed us in that moment.
Example number two….We went and taught a new convert in Verona, who is deaf. I learned how to sign a prayer in Italian! These sisters loved her, write to communicate with her, and learned sign - to help her understand the gospel of Jesus Christ. A lot of people would just dismiss her and judge, thinking there is no way she could learn. I learned from them.
![]() |
| Sorella Gillette & Montagnoli |
So many miracles happened this week. All of them have to do with loving those we meet and praying for random people and their families. I've witnessed how these acts of Christlike love bring in the spirit instantly and touch hearts profoundly. Oh how I love this gospel! It is perfect. We are not, but as we strive to live by its principles, we can bring ourselves out of darkness and closer to our Savior. This restored gospel saves people like nothing else can. I love you all and thank God each day for the blessings He has put in my life. My only way to show my appreciation to Him is through being obedient and working my hardest until my "mission ministry" is over. That's our theme. Alma 26 verses 36-37 are kind of my mottos right now. "This is my life, my joy and my salvation." How lucky am I! :)
![]() |
| Sister Gillette & I, pretending to be statues! |
![]() |
| Having p-day fun in… |
![]() |
| Beautiful Trieste! |
Lucia, I am ASTOUNDED AT YOUR BEAUTY!!!!!!!!! You looked beyond beautiful, stunning, and gorgeous in your prom pictures. They need to make a new adj to describe you! :) It feels like yesterday that I was the one in the purple dress, with the boy, and the girls going to prom. Oh how fast does time fly!!! HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am feeling okay; I don't think about it much and just keep going. I took a p-day nap after our study and cleaning, and am actually feeling great right now! I love you all!!!
![]() |
| Lucia's Senior Prom |
![]() |
| Francesca's Senior Prom |
Love,
Sorella Montagnoli








No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.