Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WOW...What a First Letter from Italy!

I am alive and well!!! 

I was so sad when I couldn't get the silly phone to work in England. It was kinda hectic when we got there. About six of us had burner phones...several missionaries (without them) hardly had time to talk to their families from the US, so after we got on the plane in London and had to wait for a bit (I figured out how to call to the US on the burner phone) - instead of calling you again, I let Sister Clawson and Sister Lopez and Sister Gillette call their parents one last time. If someone had a phone, i would want them to do that for me. It seemed to cheer them up a bit. 

Yeah :) -  there were about six hundred of us who left last week from the MTC. It was kinda crazy!!! I loved seeing the buses filling up with missionaries. There is so much immeasurable power in the MTC!

When I got here I had allergies and was a little jet lagged, but by some miracle I was thrilled and still walking. This time around the jet lag hasn't been bad. That is a miracle all in itself.

Yes, I am in Forli, and this is such a cute little town. Our problem right now is that our ward members, who are fantastic, are very tired. This whole town is (spiritually) sleeping, and we decided that we are the alarm clock that is going to wake them all up, get them out of bed, and help them on to the gospel road!

We got off the train and this super short, crazy energized lady ran to us. Her name is Sorella Rossi, and we are having dinner at her house for Pasqua (Easter). So sweet. Our ward has about 20 active members, but that is soon going to change. They are all thrilled to have us here. Holy cow are they excited. Sister missionaries haven't been here in 30 years. They call us their miracles. 

We booted the elders out (so to speak...it was time for the feminine touch) and now are white washing (opening a new city to sisters) - which, by the way is rough. Rex, how on earth do you do this so many times!!! We spent almost a whole day and a half, minus a few hours of finding and organizing. 

We inherited a family from the anziani (elders). They are absolutely amazing. Laura e (and) Alberto are the parents.  She has a 13 year old daughter named Agnese and she is amazing. Wow is she incredible! Before, she never wanted to sit in on the discussions; but now she is making sure her schedule fits ours. We gave her a Book of Mormon with our testimonies in it, and you should have seen her face. Wow... I love her. We are going to begin teaching her.

Yesterday we had a fabulous dinner with our senior couple (the Jeffries, who are my favorite people and my parents here...so fantastic and fun) and this young MARRIED couple they had met, who are 25 years old.  We had a fabulous lesson with them. Their names are Francesco and Serena. First, they are a stunning model couple; and, second - they are just fabulous people. It was the first lesson I taught here where I felt like I was truly blessed with the gift of tongues. 

Sister Bush (my lovely trainer who I adore) said how amazing it was that my italian transformed when I started talking about the gospel. I love them and they love us. It was so natural and easy to discuss the gospel. 

I love it here. Sister Bush is hilarous. She is from Wisconsin, and I'll be her last companion. She is an amazing missionary. She reminds me a lot of mom. 

My italian is coming along. It is easier to understand certain people - it depends on the accent. It's embarrassing, cuz people see my name and say I am Italian, but I don't sound like it - yet. Better late in learning than never, right?

Yes daddy, I did get your package and it made my day. I use that pen every night when I write in my journal. It was the PERFECT gift. 

Pictures are coming - and yes, we are on bikes. It actually has been fun. Hahaha we rode for HOURS in the cold rain. I just started singing and laughing. We were soaked and cold and having a blast.

I see us as Spiritual Marines. 
--
Sister Francesca Montagnoli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.